• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Let Me Be The One

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main body of the song is the same length, but FROM THE TOP's version that Richard included has a longer beginning with a count-out, and instead of fading, we hear the studio gang continuing to Karen's silly "...figure out where the rest of the melody is, I'll sing it" ending.

That whole version was also remixed.

Harry

This remix version is not on the releases By Request and Gold: 35th Anniv. edition.

When By Request was out, I thought Richard was not actually involved in this compilation because Let Me Be The One and Superstar were not the remix versions and that Polydor took liberties with the song as it had put out an improper version of 22 Hits of the Carpenters with all the remastered selections from the Black Box ,which was soon recalled for not being under Richard's permission.

However, the Essential Collection has the original version and Gold:35th anniversary edition, too. If I remember right, the remix version appears on From The Top and UK Treasures(the edit version).
I wonder why Richard has replaced it with the original version on newer releases. Only because he has more affection for the old mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom