• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Live at the Palladium dvd??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Guder

Hi,
The Carpenters To You site is claiming a 'Live at the Palladium' dvd may be forthcoming in the UK. Can anybody else shed some light on this? I'm presuming it's all without substance, but it would be a joy to be proven wrong. If nothing else, at least we know that the New London Theatre BBC footage still exists in great condition, so who knows?!

It's early days yet and nothing has been announced by Richard Carpenter or A&M, but the word is that HMV's staff newsletter in the UK had details of this release, due in either May or September of 2006.

I'll see what else I can find out.

Stephen

:laugh: The Carpenters toured Australia once in the early 1970's, l was too young to see them then, so l hope they release live at the Palladium on DVD, it would be wonderful to see them in concert. And here's hoping they'll release it in Australia as well.

It would be wonderful if this is released. I was there!! 27 November 1976, can't believe it was 29 years ago almost to the day. I paid £3 for the ticket, or rather my Dad did as I was still at school. Happy memories.

PHIL said:
It would be wonderful if this is released. I was there!! 27 November 1976, can't believe it was 29 years ago almost to the day. I paid £3 for the ticket, or rather my Dad did as I was still at school. Happy memories.
Wow...what great memories to have!I bet it was great to be in the audience. :thumbsup:

Sure was, Wonder woman!! I sometimes think I dreamt it, but I still have the ticket so must have been there! Particularly poignant on this day, Karen's birthday, to think that I was one of the relatively few Brits privileged to see her & Richard live. :goofygrin:

PHIL said:
Sure was, Wonder woman!! I sometimes think I dreamt it, but I still have the ticket so must have been there! Particularly poignant on this day, Karen's birthday, to think that I was one of the relatively few Brits privileged to see her & Richard live. :goofygrin:
:) You're one lucky fellow to have seen the Carpenters live...WOW!
I wasn't born yet so I missed it!Grrrr :mad: :laugh:
Oh yes..."Happy Birthday Karen...you're in my thoughts today & always :love: "

Any more news on the release of this DVD? Sure would be great to see that again, R on a motorbike and K dressed as Sandra Dee :!:

I sent Becky (Richard's PA) an email asking about this, here's what she wrote...

Hi Bryce,
This is definately a rumor at this point. I know there is keen interest, and we'll hope for this to become a reality (just from my point of view!)

Richard would give any serious project due consideration.

Sincerely,
Becky

I need this DVD !!
I remember this concert being on TV in 1976, I was 9 years old and it was Sunday night with school the next morning. Of course it was in the days before video recorders. The concert was late at night, probably around 10.30 or 11.00 and the deal was I went to bed at around 8.00 and my parents would wake me up to come down and watch the concert, which they did, it was pure magic.

Hi David, I well remember the show you mean. It was actually the concert recorded at the New London theatre, on the same tour as the Palladium shows. I was lucky enough to be at the Palladium on the Friday, and there was a lot of stuff that didn't make the tv special. So I would really love to get hold of a DVD of the whole thing!

Hi Phil

Its good to communicate with another UK fan.

It would imagine the other stuff you are referring to would be the Warsaw Concerto and the medley with Karen drumming with Richard singing the adapted lyrics to Randy Newmans's Piano Picker. Was there also a Spike Jones inspired take off of Close To You ? I seem to remember seeing a clip of this on a very poor documentary a few years ago which was followed by coincidence a half hour showing of the NEW London Theatre pewrformance.

Hi David, how's the weather with you? Good day in Sussex, ready for a hot weekend!

As well as the Warsaw Concerto, the Palladium show did indeed contain a "spoof", I seem to recall that K dressed up as Sandra Dee (complete with "falsies") and R roared about on a motorbike ON STAGE! Imagine how great it would be to have all of this on DVD, the complete live show from '76! :D

Hey Chris, sorry only just spotted your question :!:

Hope my answer to David is sufficient, it's pretty hard trying to remeber across almost 30 years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom