Looking for Bridges & more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwat

please, tell me what album the '74 version of waters of march appears, and what album does the song "Bridges" appear? In other words, what is the best way to obtain a recording of this beautiful music? Gracias

There's a handful of 'Bridges' but let me point you to the original and best by the composer of it: Milton Nascimento - 'Courage' on A&M recorded in 1969. If the version you've heard has got a male vocal, in English, with orchestral accompaniament, this should be it.
Your request for a '74 version of 'Aguas de Marco' is a bit trickier. I can put my hand on Antonio Carlos Jobim's 1973 release on MCA which he sings over an orchestra beautifully arranged by Claus Ogerman. There are two versions of it here: in Portuguese and English. (It's available on a Verve By Request CD.) Your clue of "1974" is somewhat helpful, but to nail this exactly you'll need to describe the vocals (how many, male/female) and instrumentation. At the very least, you've shown good listening taste.

And the song "Bridges" appears on Sergio's Brasil '88 album from 1978, which also contains the second Sergio-recorded version of "Waters Of March."

Vintage '74 has never been officially released on CD that we know of, but this past year saw the official Brazilian release (RCA/BMG 74321949972) on CD of the Brasil '88 album.

Harry
NP: BRASIL '88

Nascimento's COURAGE (SP 3019) was reissued on a digi-pack CD as A&M 814 back in 1988, but that's been out of print for a long time.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom