Love Seeing the Name Carpenters

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodjeans

Tom Early Writes:

Do you still play the Carpenters?

yes

from Rosie.com (O'Donnell) I always like to see Carpenters mentioned and wanted to share it. Have a good day everyone!

Yesterday, the 22nd, the anouncer on XM's 70s on 7 channel said that on this date in 1969 the Carpenters first signed with A&M records. Then he played a Carpenters song. They do play Carpenters songs frequently on that channel, but I was surprised to hear what he said.

I miss seeing their logo on new album covers- always a thrill!
I totally agree. I bought the "Carpenters' ie tan album pretty much the day of it's release. It was the first album with the awesome logo and I think it came in a bag that had the logo on it too. I always looked foreward to the new music and the logo.
A friend sent me the dance cd's from Florida of a gal who somewhat tried to sound like karen and they did a bastardized version of the logo on the cd cover. Hope it's ok to say bastardized on here. Twice. Have a great day everyone.

The ostensible reason for her appearance was the release of the album, which includes a dozen songs. Her favorite, she said, is one made famous by Karen Carpenter, “Merry Christmas Darling,” and when her hosts told her that her rendition of the song sounds like Carpenter, she glowed.

“She’s probably my favorite singer,” Wilson said. “People have said, ‘Carnie, sometimes you sound like Karen Carpenter.’ I couldn’t get a better compliment than that.” While laying down the “Merry Christmas Darling” track, she said, “I tried to channel her.”

By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom