• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Lulu's Back In Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakeicer

Hi everyone, Just had an Email from Jon Skinner (Brasil Nut) and he said you were wondering where I have been. I know Jon told you about my daughter Melissa (41 years old) being diagnosed with breast cancer in February. She had her third Chemo treatment yesterday, has one more to go and then a round of radiation. We are hanging in there and she has a very positive attitude that she is going to be fine and in remission in no time. I am trying to follow her suit and stay upbeat too.

I do think about you guys often and wonder how everyone is and what changes have taken place in your lives and the corners. I told Jon I had watched a good documentary on PBS the other night on Chinese immigration and predjudice in America and one of the sponsors was the Herb Alpert Foundation. Made me feel a bit closer to you. I haven't forgotten the music either, was working on a cake the other day and listening to Brasil '66 at the same time.

Couldn't catch up with the posts I have missed, would take the rest of my life, but I will check in with you from time to time. Jon has my new Email address and maybe Marilyn (Stitch) as well, you can PM them if you want it. Love and miss each of you.
I'll Marimba you!

Hi Shirley!

You've definitely been missed. I know you've been going through a tough time and you've been in our thoughts and prayers. Melissa's positive attitude is a good sign and I hope remission is just around the corner. All the best to both of you!

Capt. Bacardi

Yes...I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad to hear from you, and know that my thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom