• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Lunch A Modern Musical Myth

GDBY2LV

I was going through my soundtrack collection today and ran across a novel broadway soundtrack that probably sold a 1000 copies in it's day. “Lunch A Modern Musical Myth”
Music written by Steve Dorff and John Bettis. What makes it of interest is track number 11. Written and performed by Richard Carpenter. It’s a 6:21 instrumental piece. Very much a product of it’s time. Beautiful cut, with slow and upbeat tempos throughout. Love the brass in the last part. Very A&M to me. Anyway there are many used copies for sale for those that would like to hear or own it for your collection at Amazon. It’s on DRG and an all digital DDD recording. Nice!

I’d love to hear this album! Just looked up the tracklist, what an interesting concoction of artists.

1. Lunch - Michael Rupert
2. He'll Never Know - Pamela Myers
3. I Never Danced With You - Laurie Beechman
4. Requiem For A Lightweight - Brian Mitchell, Diane Delano, Mark Morales
5. A Man Like Me - Michael Rupert, Barney Martin
6. Skyline - Brian Mitchell, Kim Carnes, B. J. Thomas
7. Time Stands Still - Davis Gaines
8. I'm No Angel - Faith Prince
9. Why Fall At All? - Melissa Manchester
10. Perfectly Alone - Carol Burnett
11. Lunch Concerto - Richard Carpenter

I love Melissa Manchester - she performed the beautiful theme tune to a little known TV series in the 1990s called The Trials Of Rosie O’Neill which I adored (the song and the show).

^^^ “The "Lunch Concerto" is a nice piece, but not the most exciting project he has undertaken, because the piece ends up sounding like a track from his second solo album”.

Ok, maybe I’ll pass then :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom