Made on demand cds (MOD) question

masqueraded

Think I just got a lovelines remastered classic mod cd but not sure. Something seems off. There's a bar code on the disc itself. The numbers do match discogs but the back of the disc isn't fully clear like a normal disc.

Here's pics of cd and horizon to compare

Attachments

• 20230926_211651.jpg
    20230926_211651.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230926_211705.jpg
    20230926_211705.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230926_211715.jpg
    20230926_211715.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 8
If you bought it from Amazon, go back to the item listing and look for something somewhere in very teeny tiny print that says "manufactured on demand." This listing is quite obvious in the title that it is CDR. Several years ago it was in the fine print when I wanted it. But you may be able to get the real deal thru the market place. On the other hand, someone in the market place wouldn't notice if it was a CDR. "Meh, just an old Carpenters CD..."

Reviewers were pissed because they got something on cheap paper, no booklet, wrong song listing. I scored the real deal for cheap. It had a sticker on the front of the jewel case which was cracked. The sticker was intact. I was going to swap with a new CD case but realized the sticker would prove it wasn't a CDR.

This was from ebay but no mention of mod. Just odd there's a bar code on the cd front and the back looks cdr-ish. VOTH and Lovelines (official) are the only RC cds I need left (album wise). Both are hard and expensive to find now unless I get lucky. Will probably never get live in Japan sadly.

If you bought it from Amazon, go back to the item listing and look for something somewhere in very teeny tiny print that says "manufactured on demand." This listing is quite obvious in the title that it is CDR. Several years ago it was in the fine print when I wanted it. But you may be able to get the real deal thru the market place. On the other hand, someone in the market place wouldn't notice if it was a CDR. "Meh, just an old Carpenters CD..."

Reviewers were pissed because they got something on cheap paper, no booklet, wrong song listing. I scored the real deal for cheap. It had a sticker on the front of the jewel case which was cracked. The sticker was intact. I was going to swap with a new CD case but realized the sticker would prove it wasn't a CDR.
I forgot to leave the link to the Strictly Ballroom MOD I was referring to:

Amazon product ASIN B000063141

Back
Top Bottom