• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Make Believe It's Your First Time-LP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

For anyone here that has this LP, could you do my a favor & hold your LP up to a light bulb & tell me if you can see through the LP, is the light bulb visibly to the eye? Or is the vinyl dark colored?

I remember buying this LP when it first was released in the record stores back in 83, my copy is the dark color vinyl.

However I just obtained a sealed copy lp that I opened to find that it is the purple color vinyl.

Can you tell me what kind you have? Thanks

Both of mine (Voice of the Heart, right?) are a very dark but slightly translucent color. No purplish hue like I can see with other '80s A&Ms. For what it's worth, Yesterday Once More, Richard's Time, and 1989's Lovelines vinyl that I have are all brighter translucent, but not the purplish color.

If I recall correctly, the more translucent stuff is called Quiex II, a virgin vinyl product that's more quiet as a base for the recorded material. A&M started using it as an audiophile product, but later adopted it for general releases.

Harry
...holding LPs up to the light, online...

This new Voice of the Heart Lp I just acquired is definately translucent and has a purple hue that is really visible. It's even a little more purple than my translucent Lovelines LP.

I was just suprised cause I didn't think the Voice of the Heart came in that kind of vinyl. That's why I wanted to get everyone opinion to what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom