• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

MFSL Sergio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry said:
Those that have the first A&M Brasil '66 album in its Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs release can attest to its sonic excellence. Still I find this auction on eBay a bit wild...Harry

...who found his still-sealed copy for a lot less, online...

Wild isn't the word for it...downright expensive is more like it! I bought mine at Tower, sealed, for about $25.00. And I thought that was a great deal of money at the time!

Jon

...astounded, online...

Harry was absolutely right about this MFSL copy of Herb Alpert Presents Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66. The auction ended at $300.00...wow!! :shock:

I'm so glad I found mine when it was originally released. Why? Because being the Brasil Nut that I am, I'm afraid I might have gone this high on such a sonically perfect version of this album...scary!

Jon

...humbled online...

Brasil_Nut said:
Harry was absolutely right about this MFSL copy of Herb Alpert Presents Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66. The auction ended at $300.00...wow!! :shock:

It kind of makes me wish I could go back in time and buy a lot of items like this where it's still sealed, then come back and put it all up for bid on eBay. I'd be on Easy Street today... :tongue:

Capt. Bacardi
...workin' for a livin' online...

Captain Bacardi said:
It kind of makes me wish I could go back in time and buy a lot of items like this where it's still sealed, then come back and put it all up for bid on eBay. I'd be on Easy Street today... :tongue:

When I think of the $$$ I could have made with all of the double and triple of copies I've owned (still-sealed I might add, but they warped when I lived in Florida!) it makes me want to cry... :cry:

Captain Bacardi said:
...workin' for a livin' online...

Aren't we all? Seems to be the story of my life...and many others. At least we're in good company, Cap'n! :wink:

Jon

...with images of BIG TIME auction $$$ dancing in his head on and offline...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom