• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Mini LP/CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I've seen some of these on ebay recently, can someone tell me what these are & why they are so expensive?

Is this a regular normal CD but with a different type jewel case & picture? It says mini LP replica sleeve, cardboard, says limited edition. The cover art does look bigger to me.

I would post the ebay link but since I'm new, I don't know if it's against the board rules.

Does anyone have one of these? If so what is the difference in sound?

Hi there.

The CDs you're describing were released in Japan a couple of years back. They were available individually or as part of as 12-disc box.

They are exactly what they sound like -- they look like miniature LPs, with the cardboard sleeve and an inner liner which contains the disc itself. They faithfully reproduce the original album artwork in miniature. They are very slightly larger than a jewel box, but not much larger (about 5 3/8" x 5 3/8" instead of the 5" x 5 1/2" of a jewel box).

I believe they were issued at the time as the "remastered" series, so the sound should be exactly the same as the CDs that were released here in the U.S.

The only one of those mini-LPs that is of real interest is OFFERING -- it's the only time the OFFERING album cover has appeared on a CD.

David

I do remember "little LP's" in the days of vinyl -- for use only on jukeboxes, there were three songs per side on a 7", 33 1/3 RPM (small hole) record. I once saw such a record of selections from Carpenters at a record convention. Was this (the "little LP") in any way a forerunner to the mini-CD's of which you speak?

Would these be considered rare? Or are they out of print now? Is the CD inside the same as our re-mastered cd's or are they the CD's from the original pressing?

I like the artwork.

Thanks.

I Overlooked this 1998 Japanese Box Set , but have Obtained 6 to date , Unfortunately Not Offering CD as this is a Real Rarity :sad:

Sound is Remastered Tracks as with Remastered Catalog Series From
Original Albums and Omitting Remixes etc :)

These are Now Long Out of Print as Originally Limited Edition Issue.

There are Tentative Plans to Issue Carpenters Singles Box Set in Japan , Probably For Late 2003 in Time for 35th Anniversary(2004) :D

Interesting to see Whether Richard Sticks to Original Singles or Includes Several Later Remixes / Edits etc ?

Peter...Searching To Complete Box Set......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom