Mono Mixes CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting disc...but I can guarantee it's not an official CD. Surprised it hasn't been pulled from auction yet.

Interesting indeed, in fact I've seen this before & this has to be someone here that has done this, not a cool thing, if you ask me. :sad: What a bummer this is. :mad:

Someone is making money off this & it's not right. :sad:

This has to be someone named Mark, cause there is a letter this person is selling in view other items & the letter is address to Mark, description says it is his from the fan club that he recvd from Mary. um...

Great minds must think alike. I once made a compilation just like that one and it even had the same artwork on the cover and the same tracklisting. What a coincidence!

Maybe I should bid on this one to see if the tracks are any cleaner. Nahh!

Harry
...thinking that some guilty parties might be choking on something by now, online...

Actually, some unfortunate person won it. They'll be quite surprised to find out it's a CD-R.

So now this guy is skirting around MORE of eBay's rules. Sending out emails to the second-highest bidder in an attempt to sell another copy of this CDR - totally against eBay's rules. And, now, thanks to this, we have a name and a Post Office box for this guy.

Harry
...watching very closely, online...

What irks me is there were 3 bids from diff people, therefore this seller could actually make over $60.00 at nearly over $20.00 for each CDR. Argh!!!!

..bookmarking this seller to watch future sales, online...

Harry said:
So now this guy is skirting around MORE of eBay's rules. Sending out emails to the second-highest bidder in an attempt to sell another copy of this CDR - totally against eBay's rules. And, now, thanks to this, we have a name and a Post Office box for this guy.

Interesting! I just noticed that the second bidder's Ebay ID looks familiar... :wink: Definitely, something should be done. Plus, if you look at this another way, contacting the second highest bidder to sell it directly is another form of "fee avoidance", another Ebay policy that's been broken.

Rudy said:
Plus, if you look at this another way, contacting the second highest bidder to sell it directly is another form of "fee avoidance", another Ebay policy that's been broken.

Actually that's not the case. Ebay has an official form for second chance offers. It's the only way a seller can contact the second highest bidder after a completed auction now. And yes, Ebay does take their final fee when the "second chance offer" transaction is completed.

I've used that second chance offer myself before--the seller initiates it, and the next bidder in line can buy it through the system. That way, both parties can still be protected under eBay's policies. I had sold a Magnavox stereo console through eBay. A collector in Florida wanted it badly enough to try and get it shipped down, but couldn't arrange it; after he backed out, I went to the second bidder, sent the second chance offer, and he stopped by the house a couple days later, cash in hand, and took it in his pickup truck. :thumbsup:

The distinction I made earlier (or tried to make) is that if a seller contacts the second bidder directly, without going through eBay, it violates a couple of eBay's rules, which is similar to what happened here. In this particular auction, the first bidder won the item, but the seller then went to the second highest bidder and offered a direct sale. (And presumably, the seller probably contacted the third bidder as well.)

Dirty pool, eh? :wink:

Personally, I have nothing against bootlegs or CD-Rs. I think $20 dollars is ridiculous though. I think it should be a maximum of $5 w/shipping. That is my IMHO.

When people get something for free & then sell it to make money off others that is wrong. It's not like this person had the rights to these tracks just like I don't. Then on top of that they use someone's basic artwork & sell it like it is there own, again wrong. Then..after the bidding closes to sell it again to other bidders under the belt...well that is greed. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom