• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

More eBay madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only need GP and WNML. Already have the other 4, which cost me:
$4.99 for LONELY BULL
$6.00 for VOL. 2
$25.00 for SOTB -- sealed; and
$4.99 for WCAOD.

JB

Kind of interesting about seller-he has been on ebay for 4 years and made only 73 transactions(not that I've been much more active for 2 1/2 years),many of them as a buyer. He has made only two transactions since January and one of those was for selling a trumpet for $6200 on Buy It Now-buyer feedback was estatic. Also, his user ID is "firstchairchs"-possibly as in first chair of a band or orchestra. Must be a pro or teacher at some level. He is also auctioning 7 sealed TJB LPs(Buy It Now for 250.00). Mac

Mike Blakesley said:
Just posted on eBay:

The first 6 TJB albums on "used" CD, for.....$1200.00

Or "Buy it now" for $1500.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2537064564&category=43631

Geez. :rolleyes:

He's coming to his senses. Yesterday he lowered the price. Now ONLY $1000.00, or Buy It Now for $1200.00. :goodie:

Meanwhile, this is the FOURTH time around for WNML (unsold so far) at $160 or $200 BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2536326177&category=1056

and also the FOURTH time around for TBOTB (also unsold so far) at $150 or $175 BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2536326230&category=1056

That seller never thinks to lower his price, just keeps reposting and reposting and reposting and the same price... :yawn:

Harry said:
Ah, but a copy of the Japanese S.R.O. disc is already over $100 with 8+ days to go!

At least the seller started the price at $9.99 instead of starting at $100, as many people would have done.

Capt. Bacardi

The sealed LPs are a joke: I was regularly buying many sealed A&Ms as little as five years ago for anywhere from $3 to $5 each. A couple of select titles were higher, but still...the TJBs are the most common.

At least all the relistings will keep eBay afloat for a few more years...

Captain Bacardi said:
Harry said:
Ah, but a copy of the Japanese S.R.O. disc is already over $100 with 8+ days to go!

At least the seller started the price at $9.99 instead of starting at $100, as many people would have done.

Capt. Bacardi

I just happen to have a copy of the Japanese Vinyl SRO that I'm not attached to. Maybe I can get a few bucks for it on ebay...

Tim

LPJim said:
I only need GP and WNML. Already have the other 4, which cost me:
$4.99 for LONELY BULL
$6.00 for VOL. 2
$25.00 for SOTB -- sealed; and
$4.99 for WCAOD.

JB

LPJIM, I wasn't aware that these albums could make you some money, especially when selling to collectors. I have WCAOD and SOTB , both in excellent condition. I did not buy them. My Grandpa left me about 450 albums from the 50's, 60's and 70's when he passed away in 2000. I have brought some of them from Panama during my visits. I try to take what I want to listen, because there is no way I would bring 450+ albums in the airplane, besides, I love going back to Panama and listening to my records over there. It's beginning to be like something to do and enjoy over there. You know, I remember the whipped cream girl since I was a kid. That album cover is considered by me part of my childhood!

Rudy said:
The sealed LPs are a joke: I was regularly buying many sealed A&Ms as little as five years ago for anywhere from $3 to $5 each. A couple of select titles were higher, but still...the TJBs are the most common.

At least all the relistings will keep eBay afloat for a few more years...

Ditto! Our local Rasputin actually gets used TJB and B'66 CDs from time to time. I grab 'em up, although I'm still missing quite few. However, I'm confident the TJB material will come with time. Hopefully, Herb has been reading Harry's "What If" thread. If so, perhaps he has helped to inspire the release of these treasures on disc. One can always hope! :wink:

In regard to the sealed TJB albums -- they come a dime a dozen at our local Record Man used record store, as well as Rowes Rare Records. I have all of the TJB albums in sealed form, including a Japanese compilation, complete with TJB poster in the gatefold...that's happiness!!

Jon

Who needs them!!!!!!!!????????????
:D
I have all the albums either "original" CD, or, burned CD from RTR.
l :laugh:
I'd love to see a box set of everything come out, considering the garbage available already in sets.
:rolleyes:

Hallelujah, Paul!! And welcome to A&M Corner!!! :wink:

You're new here, so I'll explain my interest in the CD reissues...

I once worked in a Wherehouse Record Store (many moons ago) when the original TJB albums were released on CD. They came a dime a dozen. Being somewhat ignorant, I figured, "Heck! I can pick them up any time." Wrong!! Soon thereafer they went out of print. Bummer! :mad:

So, like you, I have picked up several reel-to-reel copies of the TJB, B'66 and Baja Marimba Band albums (many of them inherited from my Father's reel-to-reel collection -- thank God!) and made CD-R copies of those. A few drop-outs here and there, but at least they don't pop and skip like an Lp.

However, I still can't wait for the TJB stuff to be released on CD. I just about went through the roof when they released the Mendes material last year. For this Brasil Nut, it was a dream come true!! :wink:

Jon

...who agrees with Paul, online...

I'd love to see a box set of everything come out, considering the garbage available already in sets.

I think I get your meaning, but I wouldn't call the material in the existing sets "garbage."

(Besides --- That's a completely different group altogether! :tongue: )

Middle-Of-The-Fence Man here to add my two cents...

I agree with Paul to a point. Then again, I agree with Mike, too. I also don't think I would refer to the compilation material as garbage. Then again, I think Paul is speaking in reference to sound quality. :confused:

Jon

...who loves the TJB, compiled or not, online...

I never thought of that....I thought he was talking about the fact that the same songs get repeated over and over and over and over and over again on every compilation.

I've lost count of how many copies I have of, say, "Tijuana Taxi."

Let's see...off the top of my head, I have it on:

LP Going Places
8 track Going Places
CD Going Places (Japanese)
CD Going Places (American)
8 track Greatest Hits
LP Greatest Hits
CD Greatest Hits
CD A&M New Gold Series
CD Definitive Hits
CD Very Best of Herb (Canadian)
CD Classics Vol. 1
LP Foursider
CD Foursider

Not to mention it's on a couple of my own homemade compilations! :)

...and I'm not even an uber-collector who has it on 45s, import LPs, promo copies, reel-to-reels, cassettes, etc. Come on everyone, who's got the most copies of "Tijuana Taxi?"

Oh, yeah...you're probably right, Bill...duh!

I shudder to think of how many copies I have of "Tijuana Taxi" and I don't have half the TJB material you do.

And so it goes...Beep, Beep! :tongue:

Jon

...enjoying an early morning cup of coffee while getting ready to leave for the airport and a three-day trip, online...

brasil_nut said:
I agree with Paul to a point. Then again, I agree with Mike, too. I also don't think I would refer to the compilation material as garbage. Then again, I think Paul is speaking in reference to sound quality. :confused:

Not sure...a couple of the TJB CDs sound OK (South Of The Border sounds surprisingly good, while the others to me are noisy and weak. Thing is, recent album remasters have a 50/50 chance of souding good, what with all the compression and no-noising they run things through. The recent Brasil '66 CDs for the most part sound pretty good.

[/i]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom