Most prized Carpenters collectible(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
In response to the "What Carpenters items would you most like to own?" thread, I started thinking about many of the conversations here about personal items related to Carpenters that members have collected and consider special to them.

What are some of the things that you already currently have that you consider noteworthy or valuable to you, and why?

My 1975 Horizon-album-photo tour program, signed by the duo themselves (and confirmed legitimate signatures thanks to you, Chris!). I won't get to see them at a show but this is the next best thing for me. It is the most valuable item I own -- so valuable in fact, I made a color copy of the cover and I hang that instead, with the original safely kept away. To have an item in my hands signed by Karen Carpenter.....ethereal.... :)

I'm not sure of it really counts as a "collectable", but my very special item is the music itself. It's what finally threw me over the edge and made me overcome my eating disorder. I kept going back and forth, one day I'd convince myself not to submit, the next I was back at it. :sigh: I don't even want to think about what might've happened...

"And goin' undecided, is twice as bad for sure!"

For me, it's some of Karen's personal items... her bedroom desk and her bedroom lamp from Newville. I also have many signed concert programs from the early 70's.

My most prized collectible:
The
A Song For You heart-shaped white promo-balloon (one side Logo/one side album title, in red),
It simply represents --in its simplicity,in my view--all the best embodied by Carpenters:
(1) Feeling/emotion....."heart-shaped"
(2) Beauty/Symmetry....."Carpenters" Logo
(3) Great Music...classic album A Song For You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom