My Offering LP Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Well it had been a few months since I visited my local record shop, Who knew what today would hold for me. When I arrived, my dealer said, your gonna want to look at this. He found it on one of us latest road trips buying records for his store. Yes that's right, he handed me the Offering Lp, here in my hand for the first time I looked with awe, with the price clearly marked and when my eyes & mouth stopped drooling I said how does it play? He said actually I haven't played it. (Thinking to myself not played it OMG how? Then I remembered it's a business for him) :) So he cleaned it up & played it in the store over his high end turntable. Well inside I was jumping up & down, outside I was trying to keep my composure. Grining ear to ear as it played, I knew this was my day. Seeing the cover I was not hopful that it was gonna play too well. I was wrong. Except for a few pops on first 2/3 tracks on each side, it plays awesome. No surface noise at all, I was elated. I'm home now & playing it & on my turntable it sounds even better. I am so excited I can hardly type.

I have been wanting this LP for ever, don't want to pay ebay's wild prices & don't want to get duped on ebay from someone I don't know. OMG this sounds so incredible. I swear something about LP's that bring the music closer to me than CD's so hard to describe but much more warmth & closeness.

The only minus is someone had to stamp there name on the front & back cover, bummer, but I can live with that, it's what's inside that I cared more about, the label is very clean something I was quite suprised by. Wished the cover was cleaner but it has no split seams. I paid $55.00 for the Offering Lp. It was sticked priced for $69.00 but he knew how much I wanted it & he dropped the price also due to name stamped.

I also picked up one of Olivia's very early Lp's I never owned, priced right.

I'm in heaven. :)

*pics long gone from old server host*

Congratulations Chris. Good job.

Not that you want to hear it, but I paid nothing for mine - it was a gift in 1970 - a leftover that my sister found for me as a Christmas present.

Not knowing of its future value, I played it as my only copy for years until I replaced it with a TICKET TO RIDE version. So mine has some clicks and pops too, but they're of my own making.

Harry
...with his original OFFERING, online...

I keep hoping to stumble into a clueless dealer one day and find this one for $3. :D

I've got a copy of this one too and it's simply pristine - not a scratch on it. I question whether or not it was even played. I don't remember how much I paid for it but it was worth it.

Ed

P.S.: Congratulations, Chris. I know you're lovin' this....:wink:

Congratulations Chris! That's so cool. I remember how elated I felt when I got my copy four years ago (a gift from a friend)... :D

Murray

A big jumpin up and down congrats Chris buddy! I paid a whopping $200.00 for mine. I wanted it desperately, new nothing of value only of rarity. I thought it was a steal. It's in good cond but I'm wondering if somebody got lucky when I opened my wallet. In any event, what a treasure! A cornerstone to any CarpenterS collection.

Jeff

I too own a mint copy of this record. It is a gem indeed and I must say that had I not had the opportunity to own a copy of the LP, I probably would have been just as satisfied with the 30th/35th Anniversary mini-LP edition.

I see that someone is selling a sealed copy of the BLACKBOX on eBay again as it has only been listed now for less than a day and is over $150.00 already. I remember watching a sealed copy of the 30th Anniversary edition on eBay sell for about $1,200.00. Glad I got my 35th when I did! -Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom