• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

My Solo Herb Alpert Box Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

I finally got around to doing my own "Best Of" solo Alpert box set. I thought I could get it all on to 4 discs, but it actually took 5 discs to get everything that I wanted on it. Despite the fact that I call it a "solo" set, I did include some tracks from the Masekela sessions as well as Bullish, which I think we all agree is a solo effort despite the Tijuana Brass name on it. The tracks include:

Disc 1
Promenade/Musique/Just You And Me/The You In Me/African Summer/Skokiaan/Happy Hanna/Lobo/Foreign Natives/Mama Way/1980/Rise/Behind The Rain/Rotation/Aranjuez (Mon Amour)/That's The Way Of The World (79:46 total)

Disc 2
Kamali/Reach For The Stars/Beyond/The Factory/Magic Man/Manhattan Melody/Fandango/Margarita/Route 101/Sugarloaf/Red Hot/True Confessions/Garden Party/Sueno Precolombino/Noche De Amor/Bullish (77:32 total)

Disc 3
Make A Wish/Struttin' On Five/"8" Ball/It's All For You/African Flame/Keep Your Eyes On Me/Diamonds/Traffic Jam/Our Song/Making Love In The Rain/Fragile/I Need You/The Lady In My Life/3 O'Clock Jump/Soho/Jump Street/North On South St./Na Na Na (78:07 total)

Disc 4
Midnight Sun/Friends/A Taste Of Honey/Second Wind/Drivin' Home/My Funny Valentine/Side Steppin'/Rendezvous/The Lonely Bull (Live)/T.K.O./Beba/Que Pasa, Mr. Jones?/Until We Meet Again/The Look Of Love/Colors/Think About It (79:00 total)

Disc 5 - The Remixes
Rotation (12" mix)/Aranjuez (12" mix)/Fandango (12" mix)/Red Hot (12" mix)/Bullish (Special Remix)/"8" Ball (12" mix)/Keep Your Eyes On Me (Extended Version)/Diamonds (Dance Mix)/I Need You (45 mix)/I Need You (12" mix)/3 O'Clock Jump (12" mix)/North On South St. (Massive Sound 12" mix)/Jump Street (Brighton Daze Remix)/Beba (Radio Edit) (79:52 total)

Obviously, there are a bunch of other remixes - "Diamonds" alone has roughly 287,000 at last count :D - but these were my personal faves. I also could've done the 45 versions of "Rise" and "Rotation", but IMHO the full versions are better. This will have to do until a more "authentic" box set comes out. :wink:

Capt. Bacardi
NP: The Best Of Herb Alpert Box Set

alpertfan said:
Just out of curiosity...
How do you convert LP to blank CDR :?:

I have a Phillips CD Recorder, not to be confused with a burner. It's just a regular audio component of my stereo system. It records the LP as is, so fortunately I've kept my LPs in great shape over the years.

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom