• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎄 Holidays! Name of a Christmas song...please help...

DAN BOLTON

I'm looking for the name of a Christmas song that gets played on the muzak at the restaraunt I'm working at. I'm putting the chorus together with another song as part of a Christmas CD I'm putting together, and I'd like to at least know the name of it so that I could put it on the label...the song has a country-style beat, and is sung by a guy[I don't know who...]

The chorus, which is the part I'm using, goes like this...

I wouldn't trade his gift for anything,
'Cause I know he chose it just for me.
Though it isn't much, it has his special touch;
Jesus gave the gift of life to me.

At least, that's the way I THINK it goes...the only time I really get to hear it is when I'm in the bathroom, and we're pretty busy this time of year...so I've never really heard it all the way through. Can anybody help me with this?

BTW, the Carpenters get a lot of play here at the Cracker Barrel...MERRY CHRISTMAS DARLING is a prominent part of the day...

Dan

Boy, Dan, you got me on that one. BTW, I got your CDs... awesome!

--Mr Bill

Thanks, Mr. Bill...I THINK that the song is THE GIFT, and was done by Jim Brickman, Colin Raye and Susan Ashton a few years ago. Jim's current Christmas CD doesn't have that particular title. One of my bosses at work gave me a number to call that might help...if I knew the song before and after and could give the time it was played...evidently, the music tracks are piped in by sattellite; the network is Cracker Barrel Radio. I got the name of the song after, but not before...I'll give it a whirl...

Somebody in another related thread mentioned that Jim and co. did a song that had that title, said it was "tready"...so that's what I'm going on...
Dan

take one line that you know is right (even just a few words), put it in quotes and enter it in Google along with the word "lyrics" and you will most likely get your answer.....

JTCW

Just watch out for those "lyrics" sites...they are notorious for installing SPYWARE on computers. Most are located in third world countries, so they can avoid the copyright permissions to post them.

So be careful!

Dan--try a search on Amazon if you think Brickman did it....if you search on his name, I'm thinking their search will also give you various artist compilations. If that's the case, there should be sound samples up there.

Rudy said:
Just watch out for those "lyrics" sites...they are notorious for installing SPYWARE on computers. Most are located in third world countries, so they can avoid the copyright permissions to post them.

So be careful!

Wow, that's a drag. But good to know, and not surprising, really. Thanks....

Rudy said:

So be careful!

Dan--try a search on Amazon if you think Brickman did it....if you search on his name, I'm thinking their search will also give you various artist compilations. If that's the case, there should be sound samples up there.

Thanks for the warning, Rudy...I'll try Amazon. I was just there, preordered the new Herb stuff.

Dan

I heard a really neat Christmas Song when I was out shopping today... I was at a shopping center and just came out of a store and heard a song, which seemed to have been sung by a Childrens' Choir, set to a lot of bells and synthesizers... Really NEAT and I'm sure it WASN'T some "old-time, traditional carol", either... I should have wrote down whatever lyrics I heard, 'cause I can't remember ANYTHING about it, except the really pretty MELODY...! I even stopped and tried to sing along to it...! Something about "Santa Claus coming", but it WASN'T "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" or "Here Comes Santa..."!! ...No, it was something else; now it's blocked from my memory...!! :help:

I wish I could have remembered the lyrics to it, as I was very unfortunate to have heard it in the middle-close to the end and when it SUDDENLY finished, The Eagles' "Please Come Home For Christmas" came on... :sad: As if I don't hear it enough on the radio...!! :mad: Oooh...I sure wish THAT wasn't STUCK in my head...!!! :wtf:

Dave

Back
Top Bottom