• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New Boyce & Hart Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
I just discovered an amazing site for Boyce & Hart at:

http://www.boyceandhart.com

Pretty detailed but new and in need of a slight tweak here and there. Good 45 picture sleeve gallery including a few I'd never seen as well as the few I do own.

--Mr Bill
out and about

OK, I've added the link to your site into the database. (See "Links" on the main page.) Looks good! :thumbsup: :)

I liked your Boyce & Hart site, very much. The only B&H products I have right now are the first three albums, as well as "P.O. Box 9847". But you'd think they'd be on CD by now--especially with a lot of the 'Non-LP Tracks' that could be added. Thanks, "Daisy"! :winkgrin:

Dave

...still waiting for someone "qualified" to reissue... :love:

Besides the 3 A&M LPs, most of the non-album 45s and the ANTHOLOGY CD, I have a Bobby Hart solo 45 on the Ariola label (marketed by Arista). "Lovers For the Night" (written by Hart and Barry A. Richards) is on both sides (3:15), mono on one side and stereo on the other (OS-809). It is copyright 1980 and there's no mention of an album.
Produced by Richards & Hart for Father Productions, arranged by Jimmy Haskell and produced by Wes Farrell for West Coast Productions.
JB
PS: Nice site!

LPJim said:
Besides the 3 A&M LPs, most of the non-album 45s and the ANTHOLOGY CD, I have a Bobby Hart solo 45 on the Ariola label (marketed by Arista). "Lovers For the Night" (written by Hart and Barry A. Richards) is on both sides (3:15), mono on one side and stereo on the other (OS-809). It is copyright 1980 and there's no mention of an album.
Produced by Richards & Hart for Father Productions, arranged by Jimmy Haskell and produced by Wes Farrell for West Coast Productions.
JB
PS: Nice site!

Ah, wonder what the 'B' Side could be?? Also, do you own "I Remember Carol"?--which was a real early Tommy Boyce number, that I don't know the B-Side of, either. Then, on A&M, there's "Green Grass", "In Case The Wind Should Blow", and my favorite, "Sunday, The Day Before Monday", which DID, out of the three, appear on The Anthology.

Dave

...remembering that Tommy Boyce had committed suicide in '94... :sad:

I managed to pick up the Anthology when I was in Australia back in 2001. Great disc, though I could do withour the three of the four reformed Monkees cuts...

--Mr Bill
happy to own all three LPs on vinyl and a handful of 45s in picsleeves...

I think my first exposure to B&H was the "Family Portrait" LP. The track "Girl I'm Out To Get You" is great. That was quite a smart promo collection.

Boyce & Hart, as artists, are mentioned in that movie called Things Behind The Sun that Aria Alpert appears in. The lead character (Kim Dickens) is played an old tape that supposedly contains a Boyce & Hart track. She mentions that she'd like to perform with Boyce & Hart someday, but in her alcoholic stupor, she doesn't realize that Boyce is dead. Lani's solo version of "Mas Que Nada" is used in the film's soundtrack.

Harry
...lots of A&M connections, online...

I think it's a great site too. The picture sleeve graphics are excellent! So is it "I'LL Blow You A Kiss In The Wind" or " I'M GONNA Blow You A Kiss In The Wind"? I've seen it listed both ways. Is this song available on CD? :?:

Mr Bill said:
I managed to pick up the Anthology when I was in Australia back in 2001. Great disc, though I could do without the three of the four 'reformed Monkees' cuts...

--Mr Bill
happy to own all three LPs on vinyl and a handful of 45s in picsleeves...

Yeah, The Anthology was what I picked up first--the DOLENZ, JONES, BOYCE, HART cuts could have been left off--or at least that last one. (What were they, anyway?: "Teenager In Love", "Sail On Sailor"...) I used to have their LP on Capitol, and I liked the way they did "Along Came Jones" (formerly done by The Coasters). That may have been good to put on there.

I was also introduced to Boyce & Hart through the FAMILY PORTRAIT album, as well ("Girl, I'm Out To Get You", is still my all-time favorite by them), and could tell that was them on the back cover standing, with one of them holding a basket. And of course I saw TEST PATTERNS on the IH-6-Pop Inner Sleeve, while I WONDER WHAT SHE'S DOING TONIGHT (managed to get that album the day I heard it on the radio and wondered "Why don't I have THIS?") appears on a Candian Sleeve with a lot of newer and rarer stuff on it.

Dave

daveK said:
I think it's a great site too. The picture sleeve graphics are excellent! So is it "I'LL Blow You A Kiss In The Wind" or " I'M GONNA Blow You A Kiss In The Wind"? I've seen it listed both ways. Is this song available on CD? :?:

Oh, yeah...that's one of the ones that go with the other three I mentioned--"Green Grass" (Did Gary Lewis & The Playboys cover this?), "Sunday, The Day Before Monday" and "In Case The Wind Should Blow". I got the info on them from my A&M 'collector guide hardcover book', FROM BRASS TO GOLD. I think it's just listed as "Blow You A Kiss In The Wind" there.

Dave

...who really wishes ALL THIS would come out on CD, soon... :wave:

"I'll Remember Carol" is a tune from Tommy Boyce's RCA Camden solo album A TWOFOLD TALENT, a "rare" item I found in a used bin for $3.
"Green Grass (Is Turning Brown)" by Boyce solo is a different song from Lewis/Playboy's "Green Grass."
JB

Harry said:
Boyce & Hart, as artists, are mentioned in that movie called Things Behind The Sun that Aria Alpert appears in...

Aria also appears as a waitress in the forgettable comedy from 2001 called Super Troopers...

Mr Bill
wanting to point out that Miss Alpert is quite attractive...

I would like to know if there is a STEREO version of Alice Long (You're Still My Favorite Girlfriend) because the Australia "Anthology", "The Songs Of Boyce & Hart" on Varese as well as "Bubblegum Classics Volume 1" are all MONO versions. Has "American Gold" host Dick Bartley heard of the stereo version? Does anyone know? Matthew Clark Sanford, Michigan

I am waiting for anybody who has heard of the song "Alice Long" (You're Still My Favorite Girlfriend) in STEREO? Matthew Clark Sanford, Michigan

SP 4162 is in stereo and contains "Alice Long," which I assume is stereo as well.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom