New Carpenters Compilation (Dance soundalike)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just heard that there is a new Carpenters compilation out on June 10, this time originating from my home country, Singapore.

Will provide more details once they become available.

best wishes to all,
Calvin

Dear All,

I contacted EQ Music Singapore - sorry but it is a 'false alarm' - the album being referred to is actually the album of dance cover remixes by Jenny Sinclair (the Karen Carpenter sound alike), which was released in Singapore a couple of months ago.

I copy below the reply I got from EQ music when I asked them whether the album was a new compilation of actual Carpenters hits:

Hello Calvin,

Sorry to disappoint you. We have indeed released a 'Forever Carpenters' but it is really a compilation of dance covers of their hit songs. None the less it is done very tastefully and in my opinion, a brilliant album! Attached is the album description.

Cheers!
Derrick.
EQ Music

FOREVER CARPENTERS
Featuring Jenny Sinclair

Classic Carpenter hits remade for the dance floor… featuring Jenny Sinclair, the UK’s most famous Karen Carpenter vocal sound-alike!
(Listening is believing!)
Special 2-CD edition includes a non-stop DJ party mix

DISC 1

1. Only Yesterday
2. There’s A Kind of Hush (All Over The World)
3. Close To You
4. Yesterday Once More
5. Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
6. I Need To Be In Love
7. Please Mr. Postman
8. We’ve Only Just Begun
9. I Won’t Last A Day Without You
Bonus ballad track:
10. The Rainbow Connection

DISC 2 The Outa-the-Woodwork-Megamix

1. Only Yesterday
2. I Need To Be In Love
3. There’s A Kind of Hush (All Over The World)
4. I Won’t Last A Day Without You
5. Please Mr. Postman
6. Yesterday Once More
7. We’ve Only Just Begun
8. Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
9. (They Long To Be) Close To You

Moderator note: Thread title changed to reflect the actual content of the package being described.

they even tried to attempt the logo. i've had the 2cd set for a few months now. It's ok. Someone on here suggested that Richard remix to the originals with Karen's vocals. I love that idea, even tho' it's ahem disco. :laugh:

I have been suggesting a RC-initiated and supervised dance mix project using all of KC's original vocal tracks for an eternity.
This cd, while it has a couple of "decent" attempts, gets tired after a while. And although some have said Ms. Sinclair's vocal is a "sound-a-like" I'm not so sure... :shake:

Sorry, Ms. Sinclair is Not Karen, and I have heard her before. She tries to imitate Karen, and has a nice voice. But she's not Karen.
I agree that RC should approve a dance mix using K & R's original vocals with the background vocals too. THAT would be a DANCE event, and one I would buy. Sorry, Ms. Sinclair, you are not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom