Newbie to this site wanting to do it right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic_Eccles

Hi. I've been here to this site at least 3x mostly because my friend S. Gross sent me here. I spent hours here the last time.

For my friend S. Gross who backed me with my early computer based music, I would like to present him and anyone that wants to listen, Julius Wechter playing with Herb again.

I know Julius Wechter is no long with us, but he is in our hearts and mind.
I only met Julius once backstage during Herb's 'Rise' Album tour. SG got us some killer seats too.
That was the only concert I got to go backstage. Wow! That set me for life.

On stage, they're close to god like, backstage they're just like you and I.

Anyway, I would like to re-create 1 song that might have been played if that same concert was to play this year.

Anyone that wants to join my quest is more then welcome. I have an e mail address that is nearly free of spam (don't even think of it!!) that it for MP3's or less the 9MBs of .wav files

I want this to sound as real as can be. I can't do it alone.
Thanks and cheers.
Sonic Eccles

Hi "Sonic"!!!

Welcome to the A&M Corner. Steve G and I have become friends since the Julius Tribute and he lives very near where I grew up. So any friend of Steve's is a friend of mine. Heck, anyone in A&M Corner is friend!

I see by your profile you're and Acid devotee. I got hooked on it and Cakewalk about 5 years ago when I was a sound engineer for a now defunct cable channel. I'll register at Acid PLanet and check out your tunes. I didn't know about that website, but once I'm back in the states in a few days I'll get to know it better.

Anyway, welcome again. You'll enjoy being here (we're a wacky but harmless bunch)...

--Bill Gowdy
aka: "Mr Bill" of www.irscorner.com

Mr Bill said:
I see by your profile you're an Acid devotee. I got hooked on it and Cakewalk about 5 years ago

Good choice of words...you could have just said you were hooked on Acid! :laugh: :winkgrin: I think I have a copy of that floating around here somewhere in fact, and an older Cakewalk (which I actually use now to edit MIDI files to upload to my Nextel phone as ring tones).

And of course--welcome, Sonic!! :D Like Bill said, we are relatively harmless. :wink:

Cheers to both Mr Bill & Rudy! :D

I seem to have left out that Steve G. and I went to the same Jr. High School, but it took us until High School to become very good friends that is still going strong now (hi Steve...hehe).

Yes, I like to compose in Acid, but mix in Cool Edit Pro 2. I have something like 30 loop CDs and whatever I can D/L off the net. I would rather move away from loops and use soft-snyths more often. I'm not a musician, yet. All by ear, but I'm working on it.

Sergio Mendes with and w/o '66 is my killer god of jazz. I didn't care for '77. His solo stuff is what I like the best, but there are still days when I just need to melt to L. Halls voice. I had a crush on her in my early teens and damn if Herb didn't steal her away from me before I was old enough to at least try to hit on her. LOL

This site has become a real cool place for me to stop into while making my net rounds.
Thanks for welcoming me into your fold.
Cheers. :)

So did you and Steve go to school there in the Valley? My wife and I are graduates of Canoga Park High. Steve struck me as the "El Camino" type when I met him. Let's talk acid and Cakewalk once I'm stateside! (in about 36 hoiurs)..

--Mr Bill

Hi everyone....oh :cool: Steve has join this thread. Hi Steve, again lol.

Mr. Bill I hope your trip went well, as I also hope for your safe return.

I'd like to talk about Acid which I know some of and even Cakewalk which I almost know nothing of, but today my ego has taken over my brain after seeing that the song I uploaded early 5/6/03 has gone to #1 on the Acid Planet Country chart 5/7/03. I did nothing to promote it until I saw it at #1.
I had to put in that genre or the jazz people would get upset.
It's what I call Jazz-Grass-Zydeco.

Anyway, when I put my ego back into it's place (like after I go to sleep for a few), I'll be ready to talk software shop with anyone.
Cheers. :)

Steven J. Gross said:
Sonic and myself both graduated Granada Hills High- pretty darn close!

My best Friend Dave Weideman graduated from there, as did another friend named Dan Halstead. I believe WendyJo Sperber was in their class or a class ahead (or behind)...

--Mr Bill
still jet lagging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom