• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

NEWS FLASH! "A KIND OF HUSH" IS OUT-OF-PRINT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr J.

"A KIND OF HUSH" has just been deleted,after being continuously in print for 30 years.This is the 5th Carpenters album deleted in the past year.

Darn! I had a copy in my hands a few weeks ago when I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and almost bought it but I put it back down since I had a couple hundred dollars of stuff in my hands already. I figured I'd just get it next time. "A Kind Of Hush" and "Close To You" are the last of the studio albums I need to upgrade to the "Remastered Classics" editions. I have them both in their original CD issues (which is why I was holding off). I should probably hop on Amazon tonight, order it and just be done before they are nevermore to be be found.

Is there a huge difference between the original CD and the Remastered Classic?

It'll likely be available on GEMM.com and eBay for years, in case you need to find a copy.

Maybe RC will release the whole catalog again in SACD, or dualdisc (including videos, lyrics or etc. on the DVD side.)

I have to say that, in my opinion, you're better off getting the original CD release of A KIND OF HUSH, rather than the "Remastered Classics" version.

The original stereo album masters for it and PASSAGE didn't seem to hold up well over the years, and the original CD releases from the '80s sound better to me than the remastered versions.

David

But the newer, remastered HUSH is at least complete with the full version of "I Need To Be In Love" and has the moog "bip bip" in the title track.

Harry

It'll likely be available on GEMM.com and eBay for years, in case you need to find a copy.

Maybe RC will release the whole catalog again in SACD, or dualdisc (including videos, lyrics or etc. on the DVD side.)[/quote]

Perhaps "Hush" album has been deleted again in North America -there certainly are plenty of remastered CD copies in UK ....Universal may want to use up surplus stocks & one tried & tested method is to delete catalogue releases to generate fan / collector interest & sales & like Mike stated -copies will be available for several years on major online websites ... :wink:

Certainly more SACD issues would be great after initial Singles 1969-1981 (2005) release ...but I think that is a longshot ....no real interest / support from Universal :sad:

Would love both Christmas albums to be issued on SACD ....certainly hope Richard will consider these sets for Autumn 2007 release :cool:

Peter ....Always Hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom