• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Nowhere Man-Part of Unreleased Solo Sessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

This song was released on As Time Goes By, in the booklet Richard writes that this was a demo recorded in the garage studio in 1967.

But...did Karen record this song again as part of the Unreleased Solo Sessions tracks?

I see this on ebay, reads:

Karen Carpenter SOLO SESSIONS

You are bidding on (10) ten UNRELEASED songs which didn't make it to Karen's solo album.

" Love Making Love To You", "Win Me Back Again", "Something's Missing In My Life", "Keep My Lovelight Burning", "Midnight", "Jimmy Mack", "I Do It For Your Love", "Truly You", "Really You", and "Nowhere Man" (piano/vocal)

Is this true?? If so, I don't have this last one, Nowhere Man (piano/vocal) Anyone shed any light on this?

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1057&item=2577906353

You really shouldn't believe everything you read...

"Nowhere Man" was recorded as a demo in Joe Osborne's garage studio. The original version of the song was piano and vocal and was included on Karen and Richard's demo tape that they shopped around to different record labels. This is what the unscrupulous seller has on that CD.

Richard added a new intro and instrumental parts to the version on AS TIME GOES BY. The original piano part and vocal are the same as on the demo, though, as the multi-track masters were destroyed and Richard had to use a version in which the piano and vocal had been mixed to the same track (probably his original copy of their demo tape).

Dan

Yes, this is a different version then what we hear on ATGB.

The piano intro is slightly longer and it's Karen's vocal with just piano. It's nice to hear this version of 'Nowhere Man' before all the instruments were added.

Laura

Would be fascinating to hear this basic version from 1967 ....hopefully Richard may issue original Nowhere Man / California Dreaming tracks and other Magic Lamp outtakes on future rarities set / box set :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom