Polyphonic Spree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimac51

If you have you seen/heard the VW/Ipod ad, the music is "Light & Day/Reach for the Sun" by the Polyphonic Spree. This is a real throw back to the Small Circle of Friends/Brain Wilson days of West Coast Sunshine Pop but they hail from the Cap'n's great state of Texas.They are a 24 member choral group with what is supposed to be a quite interesting visual presence-a group photo on their website shows them all in white robes-and they tour(unfortunately they were scheduled for the Conan O'Brian show the night of the US power failure and their Philly date for this Sunday has been postponed for personal reasons). Keep an ear out for this-the VW song is the coolest song I've heard since the Santana/Michelle Branch song last year(and maybe the Liz Phair song currently getting decent spins around here,but I don't want to jinx that). Definitely something to crank into the headphones. From reviews of their album at amazon,some feel the album is a bit much,but a hurricane in the middle of a drought is sometimes needed. Their existence and announcement that the original Free Design albums are coming out on US CD AND vinyl are the best news I've heard this fall. Mac

Interesting! We could use something fresh, musically, around here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom