• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Post-'89 A&M 45 releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfiedler17

Don't know if anyone here would know the answer to this, but I was curious to know - seeing as 45s started to be phased out in '89 - if A&M ever released 45s for Breathe's "Say a Prayer" and "Does She Love That Man?", Human League's "Heart Like a Wheel," or Giant's "I'll See You in My Dreams." (All Top 40 hits for the label in '90.) Never seen 45s for any of them before but was wondering, as much as I hate cassette singles, if that was the only format they were available on as singles. I know that all of Janet Jackson's and Bryan Adams' Top 40 hits for A&M from '89-'92 had 45 releases, but I wasn't sure how many of the other Top 40 hits on A&M during '90 and '91 got the same treatment. (I know Styx's "Show Me the Way" and "Love at First Sight" weren't released on 45 until several years after they charted, for one.)

Jeff F.
NP: Breathe "Don't Tell Me Lies"

While I've not seen the titles you mentioned I do have a 1993 A&M single. The label is light red (at least lighter red than the '80s 45s) with white lettering.
The tracks are "All For Love" by Bryan Adams- Rod Stewart - Sting with the instrumental version of the song on the "B" side. These are cuts from the "Three Muskeers" Soundtrack.
Catalog # is 31458 0476 7.
JB

Don't forget the 1994 If I Were A Carpenter box set. They also released some separate promos for this set too. I also have some Sheryl Crow 1998 Jukebox 45s but they were from the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom