1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Pre-recorded Live In Japan?

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Simon KC1950, Mar 11, 2018 at 4:40 PM.

1. Simon KC1950

Simon KC1950 Active Member Thread Starter

I was just listening to Rainy Days And Mondays at the start of the Live In Japan album and at the part "Hanging around nothing to do but frown", the backing vocals part that sings "Hanging Around" sounds like Karen whilst Karen is singing the lead. Did they use pre recorded backing vocals ?
  2. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

That’s one of the guys (probably Doug Strawn or Danny Woodhams) doing backing vocals in falsetto :)
    Simon KC1950 likes this.
  3. I thought I once read they did have concert equipment that was designed to "augment" their voices (perhaps with a delay); it might have been around the time they were featured in the Shure microphone ads.
    Simon KC1950 likes this.
  4. arthowson

arthowson Active Member

i thought the Hangin around was a prerecorded backing track. only live concert I've heard it though
    Simon KC1950 likes this.