• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Promo copy of Offering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly when I finally managed to obtain Offering Album - I bid for the advert copy ....only to find this was a promo issue .... :!:

this was about 10 years ago and the seller clearly did not realise the value of this release ! :o

Peter

Well gang,

I obtained a near-mint copy of OFFERING and it cost the ol' boy 200 buckaroos. Wonder if I got rooked? At the time I was willing to pay whatever as I had no idea what a fair asking price would be. Well, what's done is done and OFFERING is now safely nestled between six copies of TICKET TO RIDE. Unfortunately I hadn't yet found the corner and had no real access to info that could've helped in directing me. Do any of the members have an idea of what this maybe should've cost? I'm curious.

Living and learning...albeit slowly,

Jeff

No clue...someone with a printed collector's guide would probably have a better idea, as pricing on most items of this type sell for too much on Ebay. I even think $142.50 is too much for this title.

Totally unrelated, I'm looking at certain used turntables. Despite the Orion Blue Book values being around the $450 range, I see them sell on Ebay for over $750. (The Blue Book value is derived from a survey of used equipment dealers around the country.) So it's a case of biting the bullet and getting it now, or being patient and waiting for an Ebay deal, or getting something on Audiogon.

Rudy said:
Closing price for this auction: $142.50.

Yet another reason why I will never obtain this Lp for my collection. I'd never ever pay that price, I'm not sure I would even pay $100.00. Maybe $50.00 or $60.00 but I'd have to think about that for awhile. :shock:

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
Yet another reason why I will never obtain this Lp for my collection. I'd never ever pay that price, I'm not sure I would even pay $100.00. Maybe $50.00 or $60.00 but I'd have to think about that for awhile. :shock:

My copy of Offering didn't cost me a cent. A friend gave me a copy for Christmas a few years ago! I nearly fainted when I opened the package and saw what was inside. :scared: That was probably the most incredible gift I've ever received! :D

Murray

Murray: I have the wrong friends! :laugh:

Chris: Ebay items are often a lot pricier than their "street" value at the many record shops around the country. For Offering, especially with this one being a promo copy, I may have paid $25-$35 for it myself. Not more though. Most A&M promos I have sound great.

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
Exactly, I need friends like Murray's, wow what a Christmas that must have been. :) How did the Lp play?

The record itself is in great shape, has no scratches, and sounds very good! (I've only played it once) :D The jacket isn't in quite as good a shape, with a little bit of ring wear, and a small split at the bottom. Overall, I'm very happy with the album. Had it not been for my friend (he found the LP in a used record shop while on vacation in California), I doubt that I would have ever gotten this record - I have never seen a copy locally, and I can't afford to pay eBay prices.

Murray
...who MUST transfer Offering to CD, ASAP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom