Questions of two videos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainyDays

This one I just discovered and it's amazing but sad at the same time. I guess C's fans have been aware of this one for years, but does anyone know the exact year Richard did this? It really is "magic" and its perfectly done -- I want to sing with Karen now!

This other video is also a favorite of mine, with Karen performing Grease (two years before her BFF Olivia played Sandy in the film) in Holland, 1976. Is this video from just another concert? Was it a regular part of their act then? I wonder if this is just "leaked" footage that became passed along over the years.

The "Top of the World" clip is from one of their TV specials. I remember watching that and getting a clear sense that something was wrong; I just didn't know what. Back then, everyone aspired to be thin; it was before the current rage of having big boobs on an emaciated body, so pretty much everyone in pop culture looked thin. But with Karen, there was something more; I knew she looked prematurely aged. It was only after her death that I knew what the "something" was.

The "Grease" footage does indeed look like it's from one of their later live concerts. I remember reading in People magazine that their show had been re-staged to be more showbiz-y, and that during their oldies set Richard rode in on a motorcycle. This is the first time I've ever seen anything other than photos from one of those concerts, so thanks for sharing this with us!

The "Top of the World" clip is from one of their TV specials. I remember watching that and getting a clear sense that something was wrong; I just didn't know what. Back then, everyone aspired to be thin; it was before the current rage of having big boobs on an emaciated body, so pretty much everyone in pop culture looked thin. But with Karen, there was something more; I knew she looked prematurely aged. It was only after her death that I knew what the "something" was..

Your welcome! But watch the TOTW video, it is the old clip of Karen singing in 1976, cut in with an older Richard in the 90's! Trick photography that works amazingly well.

I'm pretty sure the Richard clip where he's inserted into the 1976 ABC clip was done around 2004 or thereabouts for a Japanese special. The Holland concert footage is from November, 1976. I believe the whole show exists on videotape, as it was featured on a TV special in that country.

I'm pretty sure the Richard clip where he's inserted into the 1976 ABC clip was done around 2004 or thereabouts for a Japanese special. The Holland concert footage is from November, 1976. I believe the whole show exists on videotape, as it was featured on a TV special in that country.

I wonder if the whole Holland show is on YT. I'll have to look. I love watching that video over and over; she had a natural gift for comedy and timing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom