• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

rap song with Karen's vocals????

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodjeans

I heard a song on the radio yesterday that was a rap about a postman or some such thing. I swear they used Karen's vocals from "Please Mr. Postman" but sped her voice up to sound like Minny Mouse. Has anyone else heard this song. Unless my ears are betraying me, it is definitely Karen.

goodjeans said:
I heard a song on the radio yesterday that was a rap about a postman or some such thing. I swear they used Karen's vocals from "Please Mr. Postman" but sped her voice up to sound like Minny Mouse. Has anyone else heard this song. Unless my ears are betraying me, it is definitely Karen.

Your ears are not betraying you. I heard that too several months ago and I also thought I was hearing things. They definitely used Karen's vocal, speeded it up and edited it. "Oh yes, oh yes, wait a minute" etc...

I don't know the name of the *artist* :rolleyes: I wonder if Richard's heard it and what he thinks about it?

There's also a song going round at the minute by a group called Tonex. The song is called 'Feelings' and features Karen's voice sampled from the tune 'I Can't Make Music'. I actually really really like it, but the rap lyrics are questionable at one point :blinkeye:

I have downloaded "Feelings" by Tonex from iTunes. It's pretty good...some of the lyrics are quite explecit...and there is a 'warning' label on the song about that. But...I like it anyway! Nice to hear Karen in a different (totally!) setting. The album is for sale on iTunes, so it must have been approved by A&M/Richard....this is very interesting....anyone have further info on it??

This is a song that neither Richard nor Universal authorized. In fact, as of last week, Richard was not even aware of this. "Tonex" is a Christian artist, singing of his various struggles, some of which the lyrics do get a little explicit. Personally, I like the recording. -Chris

Releasing something with an unauthorized/uncredited sample these days is pretty rare for a major label. Surprising that it got through.

Actually, he's *not* on a major. This was an indie release from what I understand. All of his records have been. -Chris

On iTunes, the song is listed as "Feelings" by Tonex (Featuring Karen Carpenter). So Karen receives credit ...but I guess the legal people will end up sorting this one out.

The rap track you've heard is by an artist called "Juelz Santana". Interesting track, though the rap is totally unremarkable.

Ed

AhhhhhRIGHT!

This is killin me. Where do I find this K&R mix?

Y'know I've often thought that a remix of K&R to a "beat" if ya will, could and most likelly would kick ****** A**!

Ahright y'all , CarpenterS are a powerhouse in sales. No dispute. Why???

WHY???

C'mon Menz-n--Chix...

K&R have only just begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom