• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

rare find?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew,

I saw this in London this past summer. If I remember correctly it is an instrumental "tribute." Nothing really special, but die-hard fans may appreciate it. For what it's worth, I've seen several collections of instrumental versions of the C's songs over the years. In fact, I saw one at Tower Records here in NYC just the other day (I've forgotten the title, but it was orchestral versions of C's songs). My favorite, because it so unusual, is a cd I purchased at Phonoluxe, a used record store in Nashville, TN. This particular cd features C's tunes played on pan pipes!! It was recorded locally in the Nashville area and I thought it was so bizarre that I had to buy it.

Tony

Nope, it's not rare, and shows up regularly on ebay. I suspect that it's just another cheesy instrumental "tribute" album, by an orchestra that no one has ever heard of. This one is by the "Film Score Orchestra", but I have similar CDs by the "London Synphonic Orchestra", the "Synthesiser Rock Orchestra", and the "Dreamsound Orchestra". They all sound like elevator music, but can be useful if you want some non-distracting background music, or you can use them for karaoke. They're OK, as long as you don't pay too much. Check the bargain bins at Walmart, that's where I found mine for $3-4 each.

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom