• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Ray Stinnett A&M album released

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Ray Stinnett was a guitarist for Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs, best known for "Wooly Bully" and "Lil' Red Riding Hood," chart hit in 1965 and 1966 respectively. After the band broke up, he went solo and was associated with Booker T. Jones, who got him signed to A&M.

An album was recorded in 1971 (SP 3508) but was shelved until this year. There was an article about this in the latest issue of the U.K. "Record Collector" magazine, which my local book store recently started carrying. There are several clips from the disc, titled 'A FIRE SOMEWHERE' on YouTube.

For more information, read the following link. This long-lost item is available via amazon.com:

http://lightintheattic.net/releases/755-a-fire-somewhere

It's always good to see another early A&M obscurity get new life, or a first life for that matter.

JB

Well, that's good news! I have seen this album listed in a certain A&M collector's guide book, but somehow searches online & off (that is in my nearest record stores) have really yielded zilch...!

So this is something to certainly add to my Christmas list then if according to what I've read that this album was shelved & left unreleased until today...

Gonna be glad to hear something "old" that is actually something "new"! :tea:

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom