• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Richard's cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
To Randy and others,

Feel free to discuss Richard's cars all you'd like - their make/model/serial numbers/what kind of upholstery they had, whatever. I myself was going to mention that there's a file "name" on the picture on the official website (used for AS TIME GOES BY), and the picture's name is "Plymouth18smart.jpg."

I thought it interesting that a photo of a famous duo, shot by a famous photographer (Annie Leibowitz), would be attached a name like "Plymouth." It becomes obvious that Richard attaches a lot of significance to the car in the photo.

One last time: my point in closing the other thread was that people seemed to be discussing the whereabouts of that car collection. That's Richard's private business, and this is a PUBLIC forum. We value the artists' privacy here. Please respect that privacy. Many people have homes/offices, etc. listed in phone books. We don't feel that that info has any business being on a discussion forum. While we don't feel that any of the regular members here would misuse such information, there could be some lurking non-members out there with other ideas. Thank you for your understanding.

Harry
...and the A&M moderator team, online...

Well, I remember seeing one documentary on The Carpenters where Richard gave his dad a '63 Plymouth Fury. Being the car buff I am, I'd sure like to see a list of cars Richard owned. I'm sure it must be pretty close to the number of cars Elvis Presley had. :winkgrin: :wink:

Dave

...glad this topic is back and hope it will be used constructively...

Several days ago I knew the picture was named 'PLYMOUTH....' and I searched about 'Plymouth' and 'Richard Carpenter'. There was a page which has an information about Richard's Plymouth. But it has VIRUS. Please be careful.

Sakura

Concerns about the location of Richard's car collection (the Yesterday Once More warehouse) should not be a concern at all. Specifically, the warehouse does not exist in Sante Fe Springs anymore (at least since the early 1990's). In addition, the Yesterday Once More warehouse was listed in the yellow pages AND had a HUGE neon sign on the building! If it were under some sort of protective status, then neither would be the case.

And speaking of the Yesterday Once More warehouse, it was where many of Karen's gold records and memorablilia was kept, including her many gold and platinum records. I was very fortunate, once, to get a semi-private tour with one Mark Rudolph (Mary's brother). I even have a picture of myself looking through the "A Kind of Hush" window frame (look at the album cover and you will know what I am talking about) which was among the many items in the room. But what a great person Mark Rudolf was! Very gracious as most of the Carpenter family was (is). I heard he passed on a number of years ago. Can anyone confirm this?

One other interesting tid-bit (related to the music) regarding the YOM warehouse. I remember seeing a large yellow "case" (for lack of a better word) that had "Solitaire" written on it. The case was shaped in a way that integrated a big handle on it and I often wondered if it contained the master tape of the song. But why would it be at the YOM warehouse? Anyone have a clue what I am talking about?

Geographer said:
Concerns about the location of Richard's car collection (the Yesterday Once More warehouse) should not be a concern at all. Specifically, the warehouse does not exist in Sante Fe Springs anymore (at least since the early 1990's). In addition, the Yesterday Once More warehouse was listed in the yellow pages AND had a HUGE neon sign on the building! If it were under some sort of protective status, then neither would be the case.

Gee, you don't think that it might have been all moved elsewhere because of a privacy issue do you?

If it was so labeled and publicly accessible, then that may have been a mistake that was corrected by the later move.

Harry
...with theories, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom