Richard's solo Christmas album relase information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Blakesley said:
Nobody, especially an artist of Richard's stature, needs a label to release anything. All he needs to do is buy a bunch of TV time, hire a company to set up an e-commerce site and sell away. But since (as Harry proved) he's still signed to A&M, the album will obviously come out on that label.

Better yet, Mike, All he needs to do is release the album through his new website, there are now over 318395 views to this website, somebody is going there? huh? It's a cool idea but doubt it will happen.

In any case, I look forward to this release, we all know Richard takes his time with releases, look how long we talked about As Time Goes By before it finally came to light. It was worth the wait, so will this new Christmas CD.

I'm sure he is still with A & M, everything I have heard from Richard is the past few years tells me he is still with the label.

Chris, I just read your so beautifully eloquent message about the new Christmas song of Richard's. Thanks so much for the lyrics to it. Now I'm REALLY anxious to hear the new album and can't hardly stand the wait! Hopefully Richard won't keep us too much longer!

Marilyn

Richard is still classed as an A&M artist ....just as Sting , Sheryl Crow , Black Eyed Peas & a few others are .....while these acts continue .....A&M as a logo label continues in a fashion .....perhaps if Universal music labels are sold again or merged into another giant company .....A&M , Island , Geffen may disappear altogether ....ideally not the outcome ..... :rolleyes:

Universal in UK & Japan certainly regard Richard & Carpenters as A&M artists ....while all the original recording contracts have been merged into overall Universal contracts ....Richard still has overall control ....he decides on the track selections, remixes & remasters plus art work etc ....when By Request (2000) & As Time Goes By (2001) were delayed -this was due to Richard's insistence that various aspects of these releases were changed ....if Richard had no contractal rights ....then Universal ....given it's past attitude towards key artists / releases would have just issued these sets as & when they wanted to ..... :shock:

Richard blocked USA Universal planned 12 track issue of As Time .....back in 2001 ....& finally won out with 2004 release of original delivered album ..... :wink:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom