• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Roger Nichols & Paul Williams Songbook / Sweet Bacharach

Status
Not open for further replies.

henryjg

Can anyone post a review (or point me to one) of the Japanese compilation "Roger Nichols & Paul Williams Songbook"? I'm not familiar with some of the tracks and am wondering if it's worth the $.

Also, anyone have any info on two Japanese comps called "Sweet Bacharach Heaven" and "Mellow Bacharach Heaven"? I saw a reference to these but now can't locate any info.

Thanks!

"Burt Bacharach presents Sweet Melodies" appears to be a '91 double-CD release from WEA. "Sweet Heaven" is a one CD various artists sampler, also from WEA. For the roster of songs, check http://www.mediawars.ne.jp/~mundo/collect/file/b-bacharach.html

I have both of the "A&M Journey of Burt Bacharach" titles from Pony Canyon. It was a lot of money to spend for digital copies of a few valued Pete Jolly tunes previously available only on LP...and Herb's version of "Promises, Promises."

Tower Records' Web site at tower.com lists these tracks, and a $35 price (if they can get it on special order) for the "Songbook".

1. Drifter / Roger Nichols & A Small Circle of Friends
2. Someday Man / Monkees
3. So Many People / Sergio Mendes & Brasil 77
4. To Put Up With You / Sandpipers
5. Love So Fine / Pete Jolly
6. Let's Ride / Roger Nichols & The Small Circle of Friends
7. It's Hard To Say Goodbye / Claudine Longet
8. Let Me Be The One / Paul Williams
9. Out In The Country / Three Dog Night
10. I Won't Last A Day Without You / Diana Ross
11. I Never Had It So Good / Kris Kristofferson & Rita Cooledge
12. Drifter / Pisano & Ruff
13. Bitter Honey / Robin Wilson
14. Trust / Roger Nichols & The Small Circle of Friends
15. Someday Man / Casuals
16. I Kept On Loving You / Heaven Bound (FT Tony Scotti)
17. We've Only Just Begun / Bill Medley
18. I Won't Last A Day Without You / Sweet Charles
19. Drifter / Sandpipers
20. We've Only Just Begun / Baja Marimba Band
21. Rainy Days & Mondays / Paul Williams
22. No Love Today / Michelle Phillips
23. Rainbow Connection / Willie Nelson

I located my copy at the Virgin Megastore in Walt Disney World. It was just sitting right there in the rack. Then again, this is where I obtained my (now damaged) CD copies of Going Places and SRO as well. Quite a selection they have there.

Regardless, I highly recommend Songbook to any and all who love the music of Paul Williams and Burt Bacharach, as well as the many artists who recorded their music. It's a treasure trove. Of course, it has "So Many People" by Brasil '77 -- one of my favorite cuts from Pais Tropical.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom