• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sad RC video from Japan 2009 Close to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAZZ4JEFF

If you all have seen this, I am sorry for posting it again. But, it's new to me. This is a video Richard made in Japan in 2009. It starts out with a solo piano version of "close to you", then blends into the Carpenters version. What bothers me were Richard's comments. 25 years after Karen's death, Richard still seems very upset by it. Maybe this is why we see so little from him. Watching his comments, I can see why he has retired.

It still is a sweet yet sad video.

If you all have seen this, I am sorry for posting it again. But, it's new to me. This is a video Richard made in Japan in 2009. It starts out with a solo piano version of "close to you", then blends into the Carpenters version. What bothers me were Richard's comments. 25 years after Karen's death, Richard still seems very upset by it. Maybe this is why we see so little from him. Watching his comments, I can see why he has retired.

He also seems like he's under the weather - his voice is deeper, he's moving slow, and it looks like he's nursing a cough drop LOL

Something people don't mention a lot is that with these things Richard (as are other artists) is constantly bombarded with images of himself, looking youthful and with lots of hair! Can't be easy ...

Something people don't mention a lot is that with these things Richard (as are other artists) is constantly bombarded with images of himself, looking youthful and with lots of hair! Can't be easy ...
It's not just his hair, the voice suffers after years of smoking. Richard smoking makes him seem more human, never bought that whiter than white image from A&M for R&K !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom