• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Samantha Sang's- Emotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I hear this song on the radio like everyday but I can't seem to find it. It was written by the Bee Gee's for her like in 1978.

I have searched everywhere online and can't seem to find this song on CD anywhere. Can someone help me :?:

EDIT: changed from Sing to Sang

You can find the song "Emotion" by Samantha Sang on "Super Hits Of The '70s: Have A Nice Day, Volume 24" (Rhino, Track:cool: which came out on CD in 1996. Not sure if the CD is out of print. The album "Emotion" is not yet been released on CD! Hope that helps. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

The artist was actually Samantha Sang, and apart from that one hit, she never really made any more of an impression in this country. It was for that reason that impresario/then-Bee Gees' manager Robert Stigwood was against having her signed to the RSO label, thus she wound up on the soon-to-expire Private Stock label.

There is a bio on her to be found here, and as for whether this song is on CD you can check in the discography on that page. I hope this is of some help.

I have Johnny Mathis and Denise Williams doing "Emotion" as a duet on a '45', which I play a lot--It's That Good!! It's on the "B-Side" of their big hit, "Too Much, Too Little, Too Late", which I don't play very much.

The Ray Conniff Singers did "Emotion" as a medley with The Bee Gees' "How Deep Is Your Love".

Dave

raz42289 said:
I hear this song on the radio like everyday but I can't seem to find it. It was written by the Bee Gee's for her like in 1978.

Can someone help me :?:

You want help? Don't listen to this song anymore!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Capt. Bacardi
...Bee Gee hater online... :baah:

I used to be a real fan of Samantha Sang's "Emotion" when I was a kid--which was when it just came out. Seemed to always "come on in my head" all the time, back then! :tongue:

And I always "heard it" everytime I saw this girl that I had a "secret" (I know...I was TOO YOUNG for THAT!! :twitchy:) crush on, too! :nut:

Dave

...In The Words Of A Broken Heart, It's Just Emotion, That's Taking Me Over...:cool: ...Yeah...!! :mad: ...Don't LAUGH...!!! :baah:

I never realized until I saw the album that the BeeGees didn't sing it themselves...I always thought Samantha was kinda buried underneath their background vocals, but then...Maurice Gibb could drown out a 747 at takeoff when he put his mind to it.

Dan, who really liked the song and the BeeGees[and Samantha...], even if it doesn't sound like it from this post...

Great song! Arguably the best BeeGees-penned song that they didn't record themselves. Although it was kinda ruined for me after Destiny's Child re-made it ... :rolleyes:

Oh, :twisted: DESTINY'S CHILD:evil: Totally Sucked The Life Out Of It!!!! :hurl: :mad: :sad:

Dave :hurl:

...remembering it being on my radio !!!!!!!!!REAL LOUD!!!!!!!!! after loaning my car to... :twisted: someone... :rolleyes: :evil: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom