• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Second single from Corrs new album!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy22

Just read where the Corrs second single to be released from borrowed heaven will be "Angel". I tend to think this song will do even better than "summer sunshine". Angel is a great song and my favorite on the album! Tim - counting the days to the Aug. 25th concert!!

There was a brief mention a few weeks ago in one of the radio trade papers here in the US that "Long Night" was being touted as the second single. That mention has disappeared and "Angel" once again seems to be the one. They produced a video for "Angel" so it makes more sense that it would be the one. You can download that video (as broadcast somewhere in the world) from a fan site run by TJ by clicking on the picture:

Available through August 14th

By the way, with Caroline missing on the current concert tour, there was some doubt as to whether or not the song "No Frontiers" would be performed. That's the song they do while Andrea's backstage taking a break and changing clothes, and has Sharon and Caroline sharing lead vocal duties. It's always a big crowd pleaser, and the question remained as to whether they'd still leave it in the setlist.

Well the answer is yes, they did leave it in - Sharon's doing it solo!

Harry
...21 days to go to The Corrs at FleetPavilion in Boston, online...

Oh man I can't wait to see this video. I love this song.

Question, which is better Divx or the Mpeg? I tried using the Divx but my windows media player says it doesn't have the codec to play it. Do I need a separate player for that? Is the quality that much better?

I've never gotten the DIVX thing to work either. For top quality, I use the MPEG. For quickest download, the RAM file is fine.

Harry

Oh bummer, I downloaded the mpeg-2 & all I got was sound, no picture. I tried it on real player & it says warning, Some of the streams in this movie are in an unsupported format. Then I tried it on windows media player & it was searching for a codec, both just played sound.

So I guess I'll try the real player download. Funny cause I downloaded the Today show clips & I thought I used the mpeg on that one & worked fine.

I used the RealMedia download - worked fine.

I believe the video was filmed in Ireland, by the way.

Harry

I got the real player download to work, I like the video. I think the Mpeg download would be a little clearer as the bit transfer is higher, wish I could get that to work.

I got the real player download to work to - I like this video much better than "sunshine" video & I like the song better too! Can wait to see how it does selling. Wondering if Caroline was expecting when this video was shot? Maybe early on I would guess?? Tim

Hi Tim, I agree this video is much better. I finally got that Mpeg-2 version to work, it is 100% better in sound & clarity, it's almost like a dvd picture quality.

There's something about all 3 girls together with there brother. Caroline was missing from the Today Show & although it was good, it wasn't the same without Caroline. I love to see her playing those drums. :wink:

It took over 45 minutes to download the MPEG-2 file, but it was worth it! I also prefer this video over the last one. "Angel" is so colourful, whereas "Summer Sunshine" was incredibly dreary looking.

I agree with you Chris, the Corrs just aren't the same without Caroline. The guy who replaced her on the drums plays well enough, but he's nowhere near as nice to watch! :laugh: Also, the harmony vocals don't sound quite as good without Caroline's contribution.

Tim, I'm sure that Caroline was expecting when the video was shot. That's why she's partially hidden behind a strategically placed drum. :wink:

Murray
...thanking Harry for the link...

With all of the raves of the MPEG file, I decided to download it on the home dialup. 5 hours later, and I've got it - and it IS so much better.

Harry
...after a long download, online...

Well Harry, wasn't it worth the wait? That mpeg file is excellent. I sure hope The Corrs come out with a DVD of these latest videos. I love to own these originals.

This whole thread has turned out to be somewhat of a blessing for me. Ever since my PC crashed about a year or so ago, I had to re-load all my software that came with my Dell and I mean everthing. When I finally got it all back to normal, the only program that wasn't working was my PowerDVD software. Back then I finally just gave up & did without it.

Now that I downloaded this Mpeg 2 Corrs video..at first it wouldn't play & I was thinking it probably was because I didn't have some type of codec or dvd update to play mpeg 2 files since I un-installed my PowerDVD software.

Well, I went on a search today on Dell forum website & thought what the heck, I'll plug in a search: Power DVD 4.0 version. Well reading through the threads I found that Dell issued a PATCH for this version.

I downloaded the free patch 12MB file & Yippee, now my Power DVD player works.

Better yet Now I can watch this 80MB file of The Corrs Video, Angel using my Power DVD player & the quality is excellent.

So this is good news for me, really good news. :)

...anxiously awaiting the official Corrs-Unplugged DVD, online...

Murray - While watching the video I noticed Caroline was "hidden" from the waist down behind the drums - I think you're right. I will miss hearing & seeing her on Aug. 25th. Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom