• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sergio Mendes & Brasil 2004 in Elgin, Illinois!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymnostalgico

I opened my local newspaper today and if God was directing me to look at the entertainment section my eyes came to rest on an ad for Sergio Mendes & Brasil 2004 performing just walking distance from where I live, The Hemmens Auditorium in Elgin, Illinois. This is a place I have performed once before myself. I will certainly get to meet one of my childhood idols here because I know my way in the backstage here. This is truly a miracle sent by God to me! The only problem is that the concert is set for February 21, 2004. I will inquire on more details. Mendes in Elgin, Illinois....truly unbelievable!!

Good for you, Luis Carlos! This is usually the time of year he plays the San Francisco Bay Area. Alas, we haven't seen him in a while (and I wonder why). He usually plays this area at least twice a year. Oh well, if he won't come to me, I guess I'll have to go to him...the magic of being a flight attendant!! :wink:

Jon

I also saw that ad and was very surprised. Does he know what our weather is like in February? Since I'm just down the road in Glen Ellyn, I'll plan on being there, too. We should try to meet up.

Meeting up at a Sergio concert can be a lot of fun. In fact, meeting up at any concert is a whole lot of fun! :wink:

I met up with Brandon Bergeron (also known as Brasil6699 here at the Corner) in Cupertino for the Sergio Mendes concert following September 11th. We had a great time -- a nice respite from then-current events.

A year later, we met up in San Francisco for Sergio's performance at Bimbo's 365 Club. I recall that Mom and I had arrived to find a long line of people at the door. Brandon, who had arrived much earlier than us, was closer to the front of the line. We saw him, said hello, and took our place at the end of the line. Wouldn't you know that when we eventually made it into the showroom, Brandon waved Mom and I down...he had saved us a great table near the the stage. The three of us had a great time.

Of course, it was nice to meet fellow Cornerites face-to-face at the Julius Wechter Event in Glendale, California. And, it was a terrific event.

Back in November, I flew to New York to attend Sergio's pre-Thanksgiving concerts at the famed Blue Note. Of course, I hung with my Sergio Buddy from New York, Mr. Paul Jeromack (also known as MasterLCZ here at the Corner). We had a blast getting to know the band, seeing the show, etc. It was a sensational weekend.

Yup! It would be great if you and Luis Carlos could meet up for the Mendes event in Elgin. Sergio puts on a great show!! And, if you get a chance to go backstage and say hello, make sure to do so. Sergio, Gracinha, Jessica Taylor, Dawn Bishop -- all of the band -- are warm, wonderful people.

Have a great time, Luis Carlos and Bob! Hope the two of you get to meet up for the event. We'll be waiting for detailed reports when you return!! :)

Jon

I thought my ears were ringing...

Thanks, Jon...

We have almost the same Sergio tastes, and it's great to have someone else there to share it with who enjoys it as much as I do. AND it's always great to see your Mom, too.

My poor SF friends don't understand the whole Sergio and Brasil'XX thing. Although, I have had an ex once ask me for a copy of a Sergio CD!!! (can you believe it?) it's true!!

Brasil6699 said:
I thought my ears were ringing...

Thanks, Jon...

We have almost the same Sergio tastes, and it's great to have someone else there to share it with who enjoys it as much as I do. AND it's always great to see your Mom, too.

My poor SF friends don't understand the whole Sergio and Brasil'XX thing. Although, I have had an ex once ask me for a copy of a Sergio CD!!! (can you believe it?) it's true!!

I can believe it! I have turned on more than a few people to the magic that is Sergio Mendes & Brasil 'XX. It's a great feeling when people *get it* if you know what I mean?

Oh! And, Mom sends her regards. So, "Hello" from Mother! :wink:

Jon

bob knack said:
I also saw that ad and was very surprised. Does he know what our weather is like in February? Since I'm just down the road in Glen Ellyn, I'll plan on being there, too. We should try to meet up.

It will be in Hemmens auditorium. I can't believe this is next year and I'm like getting ready for this like if it was in a couple of weeks. We will meet and plan this out.

aymnostalgico said:
...I can't believe this is next year and I'm like getting ready for this like if it was in a couple of weeks. We will meet and plan this out.

Think nothing of it, Luis Carlos. Paul, Brandon and I do exactly the same thing. If I found out that Sergio was playing around here next year, I'd be counting down the months, days and minutes. Hey...it's what I do! :wink:

Jon

...glad Luis Carlos and Bob plan to meet up at Sergio's concert, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom