• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Sergio Mendes Current Band

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when did Yutaka get that name, LOL? He used to be Yutaka Yokokura. I can't believe there's another Yutaka out there.....

Mike Blakesley said:
What language is that?

Pretty sure it's Italian. :agree: The lineup listing is from the Vitoria jazz festival. Interesting to see the translation! :D Gotta give them credit for spelling "Mendes" correctly too... :wink:

That sure doesn't LOOK like Italian....

Yes, it's the same Yutaka - when he stopped recording, he started using his middle name (Carlos) as his first and his mother's family name, Del Rosario - the Filipino side of the family.

And as far as I'm concerned, Gracinha and Dawn are both plenty 'ahotsa' in any language. :D

A&Mguyfromwayback said:
That sure doesn't LOOK like Italian....

Yes, it's the same Yutaka - when he stopped recording, he started using his middle name (Carlos) as his first and his mother's family name, Del Rosario - the Filipino side of the family.

And as far as I'm concerned, Gracinha and Dawn are both plenty 'ahotsa' in any language. :D

Dear Forum friends,

Now this ‘name mystery’ is finally solved.

When Sergio Mendes introduced his band members last 15th. of July 2006 at the North Sea Jazz Festival, and mentioned keyboards from Los Angeles Mr. del Rosario, I thought this was an new unknow keyboard player.

I didn’t recognized Ytaka ‘Carlos Y.del Rosario’ Yokokura at the concert.
I saw some pictures of him where he looks thinner and different hairstyle on the interesting website from Airto Moreira.

So, Ytaka ‘Carlos Y.del Rosario’ Yokokura is back in Sergio’s band where he played iat the end of the ‘80s and at the beginning of the ’90s along with singers Kevyn Lettau, Carol Rogers, Gracinha, Vinnie d’Onofrio (the Movie star) and Dori Caymmi on guitars, with Jamie East on bass and Chalo Eduardo on percussion an Michael Shapiro on drums.

Ytaka is now busy with in recording at his own recording studio VISUAL RHYTHM, Alhambra, Los Angeles. CA.

In the liner notes from Oscar Castro Neves new Wonderful record
‘All One ‘which was recorded amongst others studios at VISUAL RHYTHM and mixed at VISUAL RHYTHM there’s a thank note from Oscar to Carlos Y. del Rosario and Geoff Gilette (former tour and recording engineer for Sergio Mendes).

Carlos Y. del Rosario and Geoff Gilette recorded this album and were assisted by Milton Guttierrez.

I didn’t knew that Ytaka ‘Carlos Y.del Rosario’ Yokokura was half Japanese and half Philipine.

All the best,
Aqua do Brasil

Cortnee said:
This is the official lineup for Sergio Mendes & Brasil 2006

Sergio Mendes, pianoa eta teklatuak
Carlos Yutaka del Rosario, teklatuak
Jorge Kleber Pimenta, gitarrak
Leonardo Nobre, baxua
Michael Shapiro, bateria
Nailton Dos Santos, perkusioa
Marco Dos Santos, perkusioa
Gracinha Loporace, ahotsa
Dawn Bishop-Woullard, ahotsa
Krishna Booker, rapa
http://www.jazzvitoria.com/web2006/eusk/artistas/mendes.html

Yes, pardon me I did accidentally mispell Sergio & Mendes because i was typing so fast.But I just corrected my mispellings a few moments ago.however, I'm not the only person to mispell , usually I'm fairly good at spelling.Once again, pardon me and MY BAD!Excuse me . :laugh:

:laugh: It's Heartbreaking! :laugh:

--Mr Bill
knowing it's a stretch making the "Petty" to "Heartbereaker" joke...

The listing of the current lineup for Sergio Mendes is written in Basque, the language of Euskaria, the region of Spain (and France) that is home to the Basque people. The musicians' names are taken from a festival in Vitoria. On a map this will be in Spain. However, in Spain, this will be considered Euskaria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom