• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sergio’s associate arrangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Dear Sergio Mendes fans,

From his first recordings in the early 1960’s till 1996 Sergio worked
with a range of fine associate/arrangers/producers.
Among them are:

1•Antonio Carlos Jobim, arranger ‘The Beat of Brasil‘
2•Bob Florence,Richard Hazard, Clare Fisher,arrangers, The great Arrival.
3•Dave Grusin, arranger, The look of love, Ye-me-le, This favourite things,
Fool on the hill, Crystal illussions, Pais Tropical, Sergio Mendes (Elektra, 1975), Confetti, 1984.
•Richard Hazard, arranger, The look of Love, Brasil 88, and Stillness.
•Oscar Castro Neves, Allegria (Horizonte Abierto)1980, Magic Lady 1979,
and Confetti 1984.
•Juan Calderon, arranger Sergio Mendes, 1983.
•Dori Caymmi, arranger, Arara and associate arranger Brasil 86.
•Peter Wolf associate arranger/producer, Brasil 86.
•Robbie Buchanan, arranger, Sergio Mendes (1983), associate arranger/producer Confetti, associate arranger Arara, Brasileiro, Oceano.
Especially the great keyboardist and nice person Robbie Buchanan
played on many songs on the above mentioned albums.

Sergio, when will you release a new recording with your great
new band Brasil 2002/2003?. Bill Brendle is an amazing orchesteral-oriented keyboard player (plays piano from 3 years old).
One fine associate/arranger for today and the near future.

All the best
Aqua do Brasil

There's also Yutaka Yokokura, who served as Sergio's musical director during the Brasileiro period. Sergio also did some producing for Yutaka as well.

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Wondering where Yutaka is these days? Anyone know?

Aqua do Brasil said:
Bill Brendle is an amazing orchesteral-oriented keyboard player (plays piano from 3 years old).
One fine associate/arranger for today and the near future.

Bill is a sensational guy! Paul Jeromack and I had the priviledge of chatting with Bill while visiting the Blue Note late last year. Paul pointed out that he and I had been fans since childhood. "Me as well..." said Bill, "I grew up quite a fan of Sergio's..."

As I said in another post, the combination of Sergio and Bill on keyboards is amazing. First time I saw Bill perform was back in '99 at Chastian Park in Atlanta with Sergio and the Atlanta Synphony Orchestra. Bill's concert arrangements were second to none.

As a sidenote, I found the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra to be far more impressive than the San Jose Symphony (who Sergio performed with in 2001), and they're from my home town! :rolleyes:

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Brasil Nut wrote:

There's also Yutaka Yokokura, who served as Sergio's musical director during the Brasileiro period. Sergio also did some producing for Yutaka as well.

Jon...the "Brasil Nut"

Wondering where Yutaka is these days? Anyone know?

Dear Mendes fans,

It’s true that Yutaka Yokokura was sergio}s musical director in the early ’90’s, but Yutaka Yokokura never arranged or performend on a recording by Sergio Mendes.
All teh best Aqua do Brasil

Aqua do Brasil said:
Yutaka Yokokura never arranged or performend on a recording by Sergio Mendes.
All teh best Aqua do Brasil

True, but Sergio did appear on a couple of Yutaka projects, along with Gracinha and Kate Yunai Markowitz, as well as Kevyn Lettau. He did produce Yutaka's song Solitaire, and most of Sergio's band appeared on the LA Transit project...with Yutaka. :D

Jon...the Brasil Nut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom