• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sheet music source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1Daughter

Fellow fans, My father, Alex, (trumpet musician and super Herb Alpert fan) is part of a community band. The band would love to play Herb Alpert songs in future concerts.

We are despirately searching for song orchestrations, sheet music for several types of band instruments, etc. :?: Does anyone know of a supplier/source for Herb Alpert Sheet music?

The old sheet music Dad has was for single trumpet. The publisher, Hansen Publishing, Inc., is not longer in existance. We have searched the web, but can only find records/cd/etc. - No sheet music. The music stores we have contacted all say that everything is out of print. :cry:

We appreciate any information you can provide.
Thank you!! Al's Daughter - Dawn

Hello #1 Daughter,
First of all it is very nice of you to do the research for dad - If there is any current band music out there (which I doubt) try : jwpepper.com or malecki music in Lansing, Michigan. they supply schools with band music. My guess (as a former band director) is that your best bet is to email local high school band directors with your request...They may have something in the archives that they might share with a community orchestra. Also, try band directors in California high schools...Herb's home turf.
Best of luck...Rim Kasputis.

Try searching ebay for "Herb Alpert" - there will be four or five pages of albums and cd's, but also some sheet music and some song books with orchestration. I have never paid much attention to them so I can't tell you how much they go for.

Rim Kasputis said:
Hello #1 Daughter,
First of all it is very nice of you to do the research for dad - If there is any current band music out there (which I doubt) try : jwpepper.com or malecki music in Lansing, Michigan. they supply schools with band music. My guess (as a former band director) is that your best bet is to email local high school band directors with your request...They may have something in the archives that they might share with a community orchestra. Also, try band directors in California high schools...Herb's home turf.
Best of luck...Rim Kasputis.

Mr. Kasputis: Thank you for sharing your suggestions. I do know a music/band director at our local high school, and I just never thought to ask him. If we find what we are looking for, I'll post a message. Thanks again. #1 Daughter, Dawn

We have a local band here in the San Francisco Bay Area called, "A Band Called Herb." They do TJB music exclusively. They're sensational. They opened for Sergio at Bimbo's 365 Club a couple of years ago. Although they work at a slightly faster tempo than the TJB, they have the sound down pat. Intead of working with a marimba, they have a synthesizer in its place. If I recall properly, they used the synth for drums as well (Brandon Bergeron may be able to recall if they had a drummer or not -- I don't -- but I don't think so.) Either way, they're so good that Sergio took them to open his show in Seattle the next evening. "Hey," Sergio said backstage to the leader of the group, "you guys have anything going on tomorrow night?" "No, why?" I recall the leader saying. "Wanna open for us in Seattle tomorrow night?" Man! The leader flipped out, "We'd love to! Thanks Sergio!!" It was a kewl moment. That was one heck of a great evening. :wink:

Jon

Sheet Music PLus (one of our affiliates here) has a Herb Alpert songbook, but I don't think it would have the orchestrations.

Hello!

I think I know someone who has it and might be willing to part with it...ME!

I certainly have the accompaniment book. And I think I can find the trumpet solos, although I probably marked some of them up with felt tip or pencil to edit them to match the records but otherwise they are in good condition.

TIm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom