Single Version of "Postman" on CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark-T

Maybe Harry or someone else here familiar with all the different remixes and versions can answer this.
Does the original 45 version of this song exist anywhere on CD?
I know Richard remixed this for "Horizon" so it didn't sound so out of place.
Thanks for the help!

No, it is not available on CD.

I often think it would be a great idea to have a CD released one day that contains ALL of the single mixes of various Carpenters songs over the years. :) -Chris

Hi all.

I think we talked about this a few months back... The single mix of "Please Mr. Postman" was released on one CD, and apparently it's one of the rarest Carpenters CDs out there.

It's on the original UK version of YESTERDAY ONCE MORE, released in 1984. It was a two-record set that came out a year before the U.S. version, and therefore does not contain any of the 1985 remixes. The story goes that a 2-CD version of the set was manufactured but pulled from release almost immediately.

I bought the CD set at a record store in Houston in late 1984 or early 1985. At the time, it was only the third Carpenters album I had found on CD, so I snapped it up right away. Someone pointed out a few months back that this CD had sold on eBay for some ridiculously large amount of money.

As far as I know, it is the only place the single mix of "Postman" has appeared on CD.

David

BMG released single mix of "Please Mr. Postman" last year in Japan. But I don't have it. They say it is from single record original master.
It is on CD box set called "Hit Pop Singles". 12 CD set from 6 Record Labels.

Disc 3 is called "Yesterday Once More/Mas que Nada".
Other songs are "Close To You", "Superstar", "Top of the World", Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66's song, Rita Coolidge's songs, etc.

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom