Singles 69-73 AUDIOPHILE LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were pressed in Japan and distributed through A&M of Canada. Used to see a lot of this series here in Detroit, but unfortunately I never picked up many. This is one I may bid on if the price doesn't go too high, but it's already at $17.50. Rare? Not all that common, but it's probably no worse than the last CD reissue of it, in terms of sound. The last couple I've found in the used bins have been $10 or under.

I bought one of these new in 1985. It was priced at only $10 CDN, which I'm sure must have been a mistake, because that's what the regular Singles LP was selling for at the time.

It is, without a doubt, the BEST sounding LP in my entire collection. Absolutely NO distortion, and no snap/crackle/pop. Sounds way better than the regular LP, and even sounds better than the CD.

Murray
...who wishes that he'd bought the audiophile LPs of "Rise" and "TJB Greatest Hits" - they were also $10 each that day...

I think you benefitted from these being distributed by A&M Canada. If I remember, these LPs were probably around $15 US here, as were the Columbia Mastersound half-speed LPs and the others like Mobile Fidelity, SuperDisk, Nautilus, etc. (Avoid those Mastersounds, by the way...I just dumped all of mine, they're horrid. Columbia really farked those up!)

I may not grab this particular Ebay auction, but I will keep an eye out for this Singles vinyl locally. I have the TJB's Greatest Hits (bought new) and Herb Alpert's Rise (which I got used)--they're both excellent. The better vinyl really shines and, like you said Murray, they're every bit the equal of the CDs, arguably better IMHO. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom