Singles DVD-A scheduled for 2/15? (as per ICE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonUrban

Anyone else hear about this? Could this be another date that will be missed and missed????

I wonder what "extras" will be on it?

:-jon

Jon--it does sort of blow past the 90 day moratorium I thought Universal had to follow a SACD release with a DVD-A. You have to wonder with Universal these days... :wink:

Interesting to see if Richard has restored four tracks cut from original Singles CD for SACD release ...on this planned DVD -A or a few more surprises for fans .... :wink:

Peter

I doubt it...Universal's DVD-A titles are just a different repackaging of what they release on SACD. This has been true for the other dual-release titles in both formats. I still don't think the DVD-A is happening, since I thought that per the licensing agreement with Sony, the SACD was to have a 90 or 120 day exclusivity period before a DVD-A release.

Of course, we all know that if something is listed in ICE as coming out on a specific date, it is cast in stone! - - - - - - - - - NOT! :D

JonUrban said:
Of course, we all know that if something is listed in ICE as coming out on a specific date, it is cast in stone! - - - - - - - - - NOT! :D

:agree: My feelings exactly! :thumbsup:

Has anyone spotted this anywhere today?

I don't actually expect to see it, so I'm not spending any time looking in local stores, but a scan of all the major online retailers hasn't turned up anything. Of course, that's not necessarily surprising, as finding DVD-A's at the online retailers can be quite difficult.

David

Sooo, excuse me once more but does DVD-A mean that the videos as in GOLD will be SACDeed as in 5.1ish type o thing?

Funny that being anonymous here at AMCORNER the reality of being lame is quite inconsequential. I'm quite used to it and often find that others find this tedium...delirium somewhat charming.

Toodles and whatcha gonna do?

Jeff

Has anyone found any copies either at retail or online of this Carpenters DVD-A ...supposedly with 25 tracks included ....perhaps has restored 4 CD tracks omitted from recent SACD issue of Singles 1969-1981 :?:

Probably this release has been put back to March / April 2005 ..... :wink:

Peter

Among questions about Future DVD releases I also asked Richard about this DVD A, Apparently There are no planned supplements yet and no date whatsoever, this was about a week or so ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom