Singles Quad LP and From the Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

Since the original thread is locked I will open up a new one. Hope that is okay. :)

Well anyway, I got my first Quadraphonic version of the Singles 1969-1973. It is not hard to notice that these are very different mixes. I think that Goodbye to Love is the most changed song. I don't think this has been mentioned before but I noticed that the seague between Rainy Days and Mondays and Goodbye to Love lasts a second or 2 longer. If you listen carefully Karen starts a little later.

I got my first From the Top box set today. I got both items from the same seller. Anyway, I noticed on the back, at the top there some print that reads the following:

D 207188
MFD for BMG Direct Marketing, INC.
Under License
blah blah blah...

What does this mean :?:

I also noticed that Goodbye to Love also has the lead count. I though that only appeared on the 1985 release of Anthology in Japan. I am enjoying the remix of Let Me Be the One. This is the first time I heard it. I prefer it over the orginal by a landslide.

NP: From the Top Disc 4

Andrew, I have one of the original boxed sets of "From the Top". It says nothing like that. It has the A&M logo with "This compilation (copyright symbol) 1991 A&M Records". It is the large box that is better than a foot square with the 4 CDs embedded in green foam type stuff. I know that later there was another set released that looked altogether different. Mine says nothing about BMG Direct Marketing anywhere on it.

I guess that Harry is the expert on this one! (Whatever would we do without him!)

Marilyn,
who is disappointed Best Buy screwed up her order for the Carpenters Gold 35th anniversary CD set

The BMG version would be the one licensed to be sold through the BMG Music Club - you know, the ones in the middle of all the magazines?

FROM THE TOP came in at least two configurations: the earlier LP-sized box that Marilyn described so well, and the narrower book-shaped version. I too bought the 12x12 box when it first came out.

Harry
...with the answers, online...

Side note- I still like "From the Top". It holds up well even now that "Essential Collection" has replaced it.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom