• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Someday Video April 26, 1980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I just watched this video. If you haven't seen it, go here:

http://www.roadode.com/

It's a zip file & then will play on windows media player, it's says it's a new updated copy.

I think this is one of Karen's finest performances even though she is lip syching, she does a great job at it.

I hope this is ok to post this link.

Thanks Ran for this look to the past.

I just gave it a look too. It looks to me as if the remixed stereo track from the medley on the box sets (FROM THE TOP/ESSENTIAL COLLECTION) was married to an old videotape, thus the slight discrepancies in the synching up of the video and audio. But really, a good job on a fabulous song, one of my favorites from OFFERING.

The liner notes in the box sets stated that Karen was happy to get to re-record at least a portion of this song. Personally, the original gets to me every time!

Harry
NP: Someday, Carpenters

Harry said:
It looks to me as if the remixed stereo track from the medley on the box sets (FROM THE TOP/ESSENTIAL COLLECTION) was married to an old videotape, thus the slight discrepancies in the synching up of the video and audio.

You can never get perfect synch with these kinds of low bitrate compressed video. The video in this file is only 15 frames per second, half the NTSC standard. As a result, you see only half the frames of the original, with each frame staying on the screen twice as long as it should. This makes the picture look choppy, and appear to be slightly out of synch with the audio, even if the original tape was in perfect synch.

Still, it looks pretty good.

Murray

I have the MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC special on VHS. There was a guy out of Knoxville who had sets of specials and live appearances for sale like 15 yrs ago. Anyway, the tape quality is POOR. It's great to see the SOMEDAY clip so clearly at last. It's too bad that the whole program isn't available as there are many fine moments to see. I feel that this is the best of the CarpenterS T.V. specials. The most cohesive, stylish and classy. It has a polished look that its forerunners are lacking. Plus, Karen looks so sophisticated and confident as she performs thru-out. I believe that an album should've come out of these recording sessions. Look what a "standards" l.p. did for Ronstadt! Karen's interpretive skills would've been a marvel here...

Jeff

Well I suppose you could say an album did come out relating to these sessions, it's called As Time Goes By. :tongue:

Shame it was 23 years after the event!!! :evil:

Stephen

Is there any chance that Music
Music Music will be released on
DVD? I would love to see it in
its complete form. Karen looked
so great in that special. I know
there are a lot of royalty issues
ivolved but it would be so cool
to have the Make Your Own Kind Of
Music series on DVD. Is there any
chance?