Spirits & Worm SP 4229 on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
More Ebay madness, with an original A&M SP 4229 SPIRITS & WORM listed (item # 2584560141). Bidding is up to $810.00, the reserve hasn't been met, and two hours are left.
The seller says the original sounds better than the reissue, which it should at that price.
JB

More Ebay madness, with an original A&M SP 4229 SPIRITS & WORM listed (item # 2584560141). Bidding is up to $810.00, the reserve hasn't been met, and two hours are left.

JB

Well, didn't a copy of it go for $650 a few years ago? I would bid on it, but I'm a little short on cash, right now. I did have the reissue of it, but I forgot what label it was on.

Dave

Jim: you're sitting on a goldmine. :wink: $985.55, reserve not met. No sale! Would not be surprised if this person relisted, or just sold to the highest bidder outside of Ebay. I don't quite understand the seller's statement of "protecting my investment". Almost makes me think he paid too much for it to begin with. Definitely the highest-priced A&M I've ever seen on Ebay.

About a year ago an original SP 4229 sold for $792.00 on Ebay. I printed out the information for future reference. Most of the guidebooks say the original LP in mint condition is worth $800.00, so it's likely the current seller overpaid.

Fortunately the Akarma label of Italy has reissued S&W on CD, so anyone who's interested in hearing the music can do so for a nominal cost. A few years ago the nephew of one of the album's producers posted here, and we corresponded off and on.
JB

LPJim said:
A few years ago the nephew of one of the album's producers posted here, and we corresponded off and on.
JB

Yes, he and I actually exchanged e-Mail, as well. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, he also had yet to get a copy of the Original A&M vinyl, too. He, I think, also had a copy on the SPIRITS & WORM :?: label, like me.

Dave

Looks like it's back on Ebay again, opening at $9.99 (reserve not met) with a 'buy-it-now' for $1,350.00 and 3 days to go.
This will be fun to watch.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom