Spotlight: UNDER A SPANISH MOON (SP-5209)

What Is Your Favorite Song On This Album?

• Fragile

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Rumba Flamenca

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Lamento

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Pachanga

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Ancient Source

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I Need You

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • My Song

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Zamba (Para La Niña Yolanda)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hidden Angel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blair G.

I do wish this would come out on HAP. I've got the vinyl, but it's not in super shape.
Is there a reason why certain albums (this one, Colors, Passion Dance, Wild Romance, Just You and Me and a couple more I think) haven’t shown up on HAP?
Licensing issues maybe, or Herb doesn’t like ‘em?

Bobberman

Is there a reason why certain albums (this one, Colors, Passion Dance, Wild Romance, Just You and Me and a couple more I think) haven’t shown up on HAP?
Licensing issues maybe, or Herb doesn’t like ‘em?
Welcome to the forum Blair this has been discussed elsewhere but let me educate you Herb Owns all the masters so i dont think it is a licensing issue some of us believe either that some of the albums haven't sold well enough to justify a reissue and or with the exception of Just you and me the ones you mentioned were released on CD previously and In the case of Just you and me it originally didn't chart and is the only Album of Herb' s that was never reissued in any form since it's first release in 1976 however We don't know for sure why some haven't been reissued but just remember Herb is in complete control of what gets released if and when.thats the best explanation I can give and again " Welcome to the forum"

Blair G.

Welcome to the forum Blair this has been discussed elsewhere but let me educate you Herb Owns all the masters so i dont think it is a licensing issue some of us believe either that some of the albums haven't sold well enough to justify a reissue and or with the exception of Just you and me the ones you mentioned were released on CD previously and In the case of Just you and me it originally didn't chart and is the only Album of Herb' s that was never reissued in any form since it's first release in 1976 however We don't know for sure why some haven't been reissued but just remember Herb is in complete control of what gets released if and when.thats the best explanation I can give and again " Welcome to the forum"
Thanks for the info.
I suspected it would have been discussed here elsewhere but couldn’t find anything, I was probably using the wrong search parameters.

I knew Herb’s songs as a kid, mainly the hits, but didn’t start buying his music until the Shout Factory discs came out.
Started getting the HAP discs and was hooked.
It’s to the point that all I need is Warm and a few of the most recent albums.
Which is why I’m disappointed a complete collection of his albums isn’t available......yet.
Hopefully Herb will see fit to release them as well

Bobberman

Thanks for the info.
I suspected it would have been discussed here elsewhere but couldn’t find anything, I was probably using the wrong search parameters.

I knew Herb’s songs as a kid, mainly the hits, but didn’t start buying his music until the Shout Factory discs came out.
Started getting the HAP discs and was hooked.
It’s to the point that all I need is Warm and a few of the most recent albums.
Which is why I’m disappointed a complete collection of his albums isn’t available......yet.
Hopefully Herb will see fit to release them as well
If not here's a tip look for the ones you don't have on Amazon or other sites that sell Cds or vinyl and look for the Best Condition at the lowest prices possible and once you get them if you can make backup copies or rip them into a computer That is what I did but the key is to get them as soon as you can as physical copies are almost going to be no longer in production in a few years time and existing stock will become more expensive

Top Bottom