• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Superstar "karaoke remix" question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
I think this topic has quite possibly come up before, but I thought that the original "Best of Best + Master Karaoke" album from '91 came complete with liner notes mentioning the EXACT reason why Karen's lead was audible on the instrumental remix.

I realize this is a bleed-over of some kind, but didn't Rich mention specifics (i.e. drum track, etc...)? I have the re-release of this album, instrumental cuts only with no liner notes. I was just curious. -Chris

Chris, My booklet doesn't say either. I have the single disc called, Yesterday Once More Carpenters Original Master Karaoke, with the cover booklet having roses. There is basically only the words in english & japanese.

Yes your right, I can hear Karen's audible lead.

Could this have been a overdubbing that was impossible for Richard to extract off?

No I dont think its an overdub left in, its definitely bleed over of Karen's vocal, I believe either from the piano or kick drum track.

You can hear the same thing in Yesterday Once More, in the choruses, after the line 'Every sha la la la, every wo oh oh'...

you hear Karen's voice faintly sing 'still shines' :laugh:

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom