• Boat To Sail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Have You

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

piloso49

I always thought that they pick the wrongs songs for singles on the ...Kind of Hush album.

If you could choose the a single off that album besides the four they choose : Hush.. , I Need to be .., Goofus, Cant Smile.. Wat song would you pick?

Now, this an interesting question! I've always been fond of One More Time and Boat To Sail. But if I had to go with just one, it would have to be You. Great song!

Marilyn, who's nursing a bad shoulder

I agree. "You" is my favorite song on the album and I think the C's overlooked the commercial potential of that one. Has it ever been remixed?

Tony

I picked "You" - nice song- but I still think it falls far short from the singles chosen from previous albums...

It's You for me too :laugh: - I agree, nice song, but even this isn't up to the standard. 'A pleasant little album track' is more how I'd describe it.

It's never been remixed, high time for one I think, a clearer stereo piano re-record would revitalise it.

Stephen

My vote goes for "You" It's a great lesser known track. I still wish Richard would release a true singles box set, either all the singles & b sides or possibly all the singles with mono & stereo. Either way that would be one box set I would welcome. I think Richard could make it turn out to be a real collectors item.

You won hands down for me the other choices are good songs but I love You its a strong song off AKOH and would have done well. :thumbsup: :D

I have to echo all the other responses "You" would have been a perfect choice - and I would also love a remix of this song.

While we're on the subject, I never cared for "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" and have always looked at it as nothing more then 'filler'. I believe People Magazine refered to it as a 'peace offering' to Neil Sedaka after the Vegas 'firing'. Anyway, I would have LOVED a Carpenters ballad version of this song - just like the one Richard orchestrated for Neil. Karen would have done a great job with it, and IT would have been a perfect choice for a single - and a hit as well.

Mike

This is just for 'information'.

I am quite into Philippino singers, and it is interesting to note how popular 'You' is with some of them. For example, in Lea Salonga's concert video, she did a tribute to the Carpenters, and 'You' was one of the songs chosen in her medley of C's songs. Also, Martin Nievera did a rather nice cover of it in one of his albums.

I visit Manila often, and many of my friends there are well acquainted with this song too.

calvin

Another vote for "You": I remember being captivated by this song the first time I played the A Kind Of Hush lp.

This is a great song. Jane Olivor also does a lovely version of it on Chasing Rainbows.

Wasn't "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" released as a single? I thought it was but could be wrong. Either way, it shouldn't have been. "You" had "hit" written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom