• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Carpenters sold 125 million records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

I read on the net today The Capenters sold over 125 million records on 2 sites. Could that be true? I also read that they are on the charts ranked 1 or2 in China as the best western singer female. They don't know who Richard even is. They only Karen is the geatest and even think she is still with us. I think she was the best female singer in pop history in the US.
What do you think about number of sales?

I do know its over 100 million, from The as Time Goes By CD.

This was The Japan CD from A&M

Rich fom Florida USA :rolleyes:

Overall Artists music sales are usually kept within companies offices and surface with updated promo materials or when key releases are certificated by trade bodies ....

Variety listed Carpenters sales in 1983 at time of Karen's passing as over 100 million at that date ..... :confused:

With Carpenters CD issues , key sellers such as Their Greatest Hits (1990) and 22 Greatest Hits in UK / EUROPE & JAPAN /ASIA -both over 5 million each , ongoing catalog sales , many compilations and RIAA sales updates on USA shipments etc ....Carpenters sales are more likely to be 150 /160 million minimum ....maintaining their position as A&M 's #1 sellers and top duo .... :)

Peter

Probably TOP WORLD SELLERS remain : (Singles & Albums)

Group : Beatles with approx 1 Billion sales

Male Artist : Elvis Presley with approx 1 Billion sales

Female Artist : Madonna or Whitney Houston with approx 200 Million sales

Duo : Carpenters or Simon & Garfunkel 150 Million plus

-Have to be careful with some sales claims as back in 1983 ABBA sales were stated as 125 Million for 1970's -which I thought was far too high ...a year later ...it was confirmed some record company staff had doubled their actual 62 Million sales .... :shock:

Saw ABBA sales figure as now 300 Million ....doubt this figure ....nearer to 150 / 200 Million maximum :!:
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom