• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Corrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Harry, Today I was watching a little tv & they were showing a segment on CNN about singers & they were profiling, Shania Twain career. I don't have any of her Cd's but what caught my ear was the name Mutt Lange. I didn't catch it all but something about how this guy was a huge producer or like he made alot of singers famous with his songs. Then Shania said that she married him & they showed his picture. It said that he had made some artists top sellers & they named alot of singers.

Anyway, Is this the same person that is listed on the back CD of the Corrs, In Blue?

It says Tracks #1,5,7 Produced by Robert John "Mutt" Lange

#1 is Breathless
#5 is All the Love in the World
#7 is Irresistible

I thought the Mutt Lange Guy's name was on the back of a Corrs Single Remix but I checked the 2 Cd Singles I have but he is not listed.

N.P. Somebody for Someone by the The Corrs (Acoustic Version)

Mutt Lange has produced a lot! In fact, you'll find his name as a producer on albums by AC/DC, Foreigner, The Cars, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams...and also wrote a handful of hits.

Hi Rudy, Right those were some of the name he was credited to. Thanks, so this must be the same guy. Interesting that I just picked up on this regarding the Corrs & this famous producer.

There's a remix of "All The Love In The World" that's credited to "Mutt" Lange. That version appeared on the promotional CD single that was released when the song was used in the movie America's Sweethearts. It is also widely believed that Lange did a remix of "Breathless" that appeared on another promotional single that came out when the song received its Grammy® nomination.

As you mentioned, "Mutt" Lange produced and co-wrote the three songs from In Blue. In interviews, Andrea Corr has told the story about her going to "Mutt's" home in Switzerland with the task of co-writing those songs.

It was believed that "Mutt's" influence might've given The Corrs a shot at a big hit in the States. They were right, it did. "Breathless" was, to date, The Corrs biggest Stateside hit, cracking the top 50, while the album, In Blue reached the lofty height of #21 on Billboard's® charts.

Harry
...who has two Shania Twain albums, online...

Jim Corr has given some official information regarding the new album. It's officially delayed to sometime next year. Here is the text of his message:

Jim Corr said:
Hi Guys,

Apologies for the long delay in posting. The album is coming but not as soon as we would have liked however it does give us even more time to perfect it and will be a case of the later the greater. It will be early next year when it will be released and I promise you all, will be worth the wait!

I've been traveling a lot recently both for holidays and work related. I've also been flying a lot as I've taken up this mad pursuit of flying helicopters which I love, I got my licence in January and I bought myself a Robinson Raven II in March.

Thank you all very much for the birthday greetings which I saw on the message board.

The girls are well, Andrea left for Canada today for the launch of the film. She performed with Mick Jagger again last nite in the Point. Baby Jake was 7 months the other day and is getting bigger all the time. He loves being around people and smiles all the time. Caroline and Frank are very lucky with him as he's such a good kid. I took him and mum up in the heli over Dublin the other day but he just slept the whole time and missed his first helicopter experience.The slight delay in releasing the album does suit Caroline because she will be able to dedicate a little more time to the promotion of the new album as Jake will be that little bit older.

That's all for the moment, take care everybody and talk soon...

Thank you for your continued support...

Jim

This post comes from the CorrBoard, a place where Jim has been known to get in touch with fans.

Harry
...back in 'waiting' mode, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom